Texas Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by graesz View Post
    I drew Palo Duro Canyon SP for exotics but unfortunately will not be able to attend.
    This is the Problem with these last minute draws. Is there any state that holds draws in the middle of the season?

Comment

Texas is the latest draw that I know of. May be some local Florida draws that are later and one special Colorado bear that I think is later.

Comment

Guessing they haven’t drawn the sheep permits yet?

Comment

No and there's really no hurry since that hunt is next summer.

Other than to save a few refresh buttons.

Having said that, why they don't knock it out seems silly.

Comment

SAVE the REFRESH BUTTONS!

We should not let another one disappear into the great beyond.

This is a tragedy.

Comment

I saw one immature tan bull with a bolt in it that was taken on a FB comment.

Good luck fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
                I mean. For $3 a pop on most all the hunts. I’m gonna continue to put in. I’ve wasted money on a lot dumber **** than that.
                yep. Same here. Can't be drawn if you don't apply.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                  Almost forgot, we drew Enchanted Rock last year for doe/spike hunt. Reason I forgot, I didn’t get to go.
                  I drew this one and so did Texas Grown.

Comment

Originally posted by MtnMike View Post
                    I drew this one and so did Texas Grown.
                    Our hunt was one of the last hunts out there. My brother went and said they had met their goal on doe. The park had already took 70+ doe.
                    With that said, he didn’t see one deer. He did shoot a big hog. But he told me he walked around his assign blind and never found a single deer track. Corn that was put out was left untouched. This hunt was in February I think.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                      Our hunt was one of the last hunts out there. My brother went and said they had met their goal on doe. The park had already took 70+ doe.
                      With that said, he didn’t see one deer. He did shoot a big hog. But he told me he walked around his assign blind and never found a single deer track. Corn that was put out was left untouched. This hunt was in February I think.
                      Our hunt was Nov 8 - 10 2021. I saw very few deer. Two does, got one. A dozen pigs and got one. Texas Grown got a Doe. Was not a Target rich environment as I thought it would be. But it was cool just hunting there. Some of the hunters saw zero deer.

Comment

Originally posted by MtnMike View Post
                        Our hunt was Nov 8 - 10 2021. I saw very few deer. Two does, got one. A dozen pigs and got one. Texas Grown got a Doe. Was not a Target rich environment as I thought it would be. But it was cool just hunting there. Some of the hunters saw zero deer.
                        Had a buddy hunt there 3-4 years ago. Reported same thing. I think he saw one small 6-point the whole hunt.

Comment

I hunted Kerr gun deer a few years back and it was pretty disappointing. They were doing a “research” project and only allowed the hunters to hunt 1/2 the ranch. So after day one, the animals left and no one shot anything worth the 13 draw pts after that. Really weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                            I hunted Kerr gun deer a few years back and it was pretty disappointing. They were doing a “research” project and only allowed the hunters to hunt 1/2 the ranch. So after day one, the animals left and no one shot anything worth the 13 draw pts after that. Really weird.
                            That sucks. I drew that place twice years ago when they still did archery hunts. Seen some real nice bucks out there. Came close one time, but wind shifted just enough and got busted. He was about 50 yards out and coming straight to me.

Comment

What's the deadline for those who drew? I'm ready to let go of that sliver of hope I've been holding onto for all these months.

Comment

I think it will be Monday since Friday is a holiday.

Comment

Working...
                                X