No announcement yet.

Alone at the ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoy the alone time at the ranch....maybe more than i should.

I used to hate being alone but now i find myself craving it

Comment

I always think someone is going to kill me at night when I’m out at the lease alone. I love it during the day but something about being there at night alone has me on edge sometimes ha.

Comment

Originally posted by BLee15 View Post
        I always think someone is going to kill me at night when I’m out at the lease alone. I love it during the day but something about being there at night alone has me on edge sometimes ha.
        You need a four-legged friend to at least give you notice when there is a bump in the night.

Comment

Hector locks the doors. I make fun of him.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've always enjoyed being at the ranch solo. Pretty dang peaceful.

Comment

I think it would be fun if we all went out places alone, together.

Except for BLee15. He’s such a buzz kill.

Comment

I like alone so I don’t have to talk to anyone. Just talk to myself

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                  I think it would be fun if we all went out places alone, together.

Except for BLee15. He’s such a buzz kill.
                  Yeah but if he's on a place near the border maybe he has a point!

Where I am we have had no issues in the size years we've owned it.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Alone at the ranch is some of my favorite times. Sure I love having a crew there to have fun but alone and I get to do exactly as I want when I want is so nice. Well I have my pooch, Lollie, with me. I talk to her.

Comment

As a new hunter it would be nice to have someone to help teach you the ropes, but being alone is great at times too

Comment

Being self employed and a surveillance investigator of 30 plus years, I am more than use to being alone. IMO, its very healthy for a person to have the confidence to be able to be alone. With that said, while hunting or just being in the woods one must take extra precaution when doing simple tasks. I will not run the chainsaw when I am at the Menard place or way across the Panhandle Ranch alone. You experience a bad cut, and one could bleed out in minutes. I'm 54 now and at 34 while feeding feeders in a hurry at the Menard place, I managed to run my knife through my arm while cutting open a feed sack. The handle was on one side and the blade was sticking out of the other side of my arm, just below the elbow. I took several deep breaths, removed my shirt, pulled the knife out, wrapped my arm in my shirt to stop the bleeding, then wrapped it in duct tape and off I went for the hour drive to Brady to get stitched up. I made it to town, received great medical treatment, 15 stitches and was back to the pasture feeding the rest of the feeders so I could drive on to San Antonio for work the next day. I share this story in an effort to help someone realize that when you are out in the pasture alone, know where you have to go to get medical attention because it can happen in the blink of an eye. Also, take a deep breath, regain your composure and stay as calm as possible because it will greatly improve your ability to get to a facility for treatment. Yes, it is awesome being alone. I have had some great hunts while being in camp alone, but it is fun to share a fire with good friends and people you want to be around. Enjoy the solitude my friends, just be careful while doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                          I love being alone. I find that I am my own best company and, every once in a while, I even crack myself up!
                          I think we could be great friends. It would be fun to go hunting. But, like, alone. Not together. (See, I’m laughing at myself all by myself)

Comment

Working...
                          X