No announcement yet.

Savage 99 Rifle pics, let's see um.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have 6 in 5 different calibers and all are takedown models. .300 (2), .22 high power, .250-3000, .303 and .30-30. Oldest from 1907 and youngest 1930 with all having original parts and matching serial numbers on parts.
    Last edited by Sidro; 10-07-2022, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Love the 99s. I've owned a few and actually killed my first deer with a 99C 243. My dad had a 99 in 300 Savage and I'm still beating myself up for EVER EVER EVER selling this 99E in 308 with a true custom walnut stock.https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...53&postcount=1

The Savage 99s are pretty sought after nowadays. Wish I would have kept a couple of them.😕

Comment

My dad's which he got from his dad and I will get from him when he is done. He turned 90 this year and will be on a stand first weekend in November.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PA100284 (Large).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	24695602

Comment

My dad's which he got from his dad and I will get from him when he is done. He turned 90 this year and will be on a stand first weekend in November.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PB080802 (FB).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	268.4 KB
ID:	24695603

Comment

I see the posts about folks killing their first deer or handing down the old Savage 99 to the next generation and it’s amazing how many of us are connected by a simple lever action rifle. Who would have thought that.

Comment

Here’s my model 1899 in 25-35 from 1905. It was my great-grandfather’s. You can see where he repaired the stock himself many, many moons ago. He used the rifle to feed his family. It was a tool and treated as such. I haven’t taken it on a hunt. Mainly due to ammo availability, but I would like to shoot something with it one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My dad sold the 250 3000 I killed my first deer with. It had a 4x single piece weaver on it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RebeccaCreekKid View Post
                  Savage 99c in 22-250, 1/14 twist. Bust a doe with it every once in awhile. Always in the back of my mind is re-barrel to 250 or 300.
                  You might not wanna do that… 22-250 is not a common chambering in a 99… They are pricey….

Comment

Savage 99H carbine from 1936… short lightweight 20 in barrel.. carbine stock with barrel band.. 30-30 caliber…
                    Attached Files

Comment

Two 99F’s that I hunt with a lot… Both 308 caliber…. One from the ‘50’s and the other from ‘62…
                      Attached Files

Comment

An unfired safe queen… 99F in 308…
                        Attached Files

Comment

303 Savage - somewhere around 1919ish.

Comment

I have a very old octagonal barreled 99 in 250 savage. I will try to post a pic later.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I inherited my father in laws 99c in 250-3000. I'm looking to buy one in 7mm-08

Comment

I have a model 99 .250 that my dad passed down to me. My dad, Me and my son have shot deer with it.

I dont have any pic of it right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X