Savage 99 Rifle pics, let's see um.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savage 99 Rifle pics, let's see um.

With the recent thread about lever guns, I thought about my favorite Savage 99EG. Made in 1951 in 300 Savage and sporting a Norman-Ford Texan 2.5 power scope in a Stith mount. I hunt with it and take real good care of the thing, shoots a 150gr Sierra Gameking with Varget powder in pretty nice groups. I did put a Pachmayr butt pad on it but still have the original Steel buttplate, the sling is getting a little on the poor side and I do have a replacement for it. The knife is an old Remington from the early 30's.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sav.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	25295355

[ATTACH]1104866[/ATTACH]

Texan riflescopes were made in Tyler, Texas in the early 50's. Down on Erwin street.

Comment

Favorite rifle! Looking for a 250-3000 now.

Comment

[ATTACH]1104867[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by justin156bc View Post
          Favorite rifle! Looking for a 250-3000 now.
          I seen my Dad bust a coyote with his 250-3000 at about 100 yards when I was a kid, I thought it was a mile away

Comment

Ive got my grandpas 300 savage. Ill post a pic when I take it out for season. Love that gun and round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Killed my first deer in 1961 with a M99 300 savage. Later sold that gun but I have another one now.

Comment

Killed my first deer with a winchester 300 savage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                  Killed my first deer with a winchester 300 savage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Hey, this is a Savage 99 thread!

Comment

I have three lever guns. A Marlin 30AS(economy336) in 30/30, Winchester 94 Centennial Trapper in 44mag(unfired) and a Savage 99 made in 1923 in 300 Savage. I purchased this Savage about 25 years ago at a gun because the stock was all notched up. Like I do with my 30/30.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Jeff, you have some neat guns. I’ve owned two 99s, both .300 Savage calibers. Traded one long ago and gave the other to my son-in-law. I regret both.

Comment

Mine was owned by my great grandfather and road behind the seat of his pickup. It has killed thousands of deer by him myself and now both of my boys, my little brother in law, and my oldest nephew all shooting their first deer with it. I have never made an adjustment to the weaver scope that came with it since I have owned it. Not in the best shape but man do those marks have some stories. Lever action Savage 99 in .243 with round counter.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                          I have three lever guns. A Marlin 30AS(economy336) in 30/30, Winchester 94 Centennial Trapper in 44mag(unfired) and a Savage 99 made in 1923 in 300 Savage. I purchased this Savage about 25 years ago at a gun because the stock was all notched up. Like I do with my 30/30.
                          That 99 has some history to it.

Comment

had one in 250 savage some years ago,,, wish i had been smart enough to keep it

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
                              Mine was owned by my great grandfather and road behind the seat of his pickup. It has killed thousands of deer by him myself and now both of my boys, my little brother in law, and my oldest nephew all shooting their first deer with it. I have never made an adjustment to the weaver scope that came with it since I have owned it. Not in the best shape but man do those marks have some stories. Lever action Savage 99 in .243 with round counter.
                              Thousands?
                              My round counter is brass, is yours also ?

Comment

Working...
                              X