Let’s talk arrows and broad heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
    Trick here is not to shoot too far back lol. The reality is most folks aren't aiming far enough forward in the V in the 1st place

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Most folks arn't, myself included. I'm good with a tight behind the shoulder shot placement.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
      No one can tune a bow for you. Archery shop can put your bow in spec but they cant tune it for you. No two people have the same grip and form.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
      I always went ahead of the season and they made adjustments while I shot. I do it myself now, and back then I was a regular at the shop and spent more money than I should have I've heard of plenty of shops who will help you tune, wouldn't expect it to happen close to the season when they're slammed though

Comment

For 55# I would be shooting a cut on contact fixed blade. I have a couple of trad bows that are 50# and I really like the black eagle instinct arrows they come with a nice 100 grain outsert and micro diameter makes them excellent for good penetration. I shoot swamp shark broad heads on those arrows. They cut big holes for single blade head and are easy to sharpen.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Equipment choices.

Originally posted by Abrooks118 View Post
          I’m new to compound bow hunting and looking for info and advice. I’ll primarily be hunting white tails and hogs with the bow. I’ve heard different arguments on light and fast arrows or heavy and deep penetration arrows.

What arrow setup do I need to ensure when I let one fly at a whitetail that it’s going to get the job done?

What grain broadhead with what grain arrow?

Carbon, aluminum, graphite arrows?

A certain length arrow?

Single bevel, double bevel broadheads?

And what about FOC?

Thanks for any help or advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Find the right setup that works for you and that is going to be a process q and might take a little bit of time to do so you bow is going to have to be tuned for you to achieve best arrow flight it is going to take some time bow tuned and as close to perfect arrow flight that can be reached.

Comment

Working...
          X