Glass security film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glass security film

Folks I had a guy come out from Armor Glass to give me a quote on 8 mil security film for the back of our home and the front door. Have any of y’all had security film installed on your glass, and or experienced an attempted break in and the film prevented it or it failed. Open to any and all recommendations. Btw, he did give me a tip that he said was an easy fix: change out your 90 degree locks for 180 degree locks. Just make sure they have same 2 1/4” mounting holes. Said it was fairly cheap to do that. Thanks in advance.

No experience with this, but would love to see the feedback. Windows at work need something done. Street Facing windows are floor to Ceiling. I have the Decorative Bars, but hate the look of them. Plus the FD inspectors give me a hard time while doing inspections.

Comment

Following.... Please explain the 180 degree locks.. Pics would be appreciated.

Comment

I just looked this film up. Looks super cool. Even a good consideration for hurricane debris or a baseball. I’m gonna shop around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

They make security screens as well that can’t be cut with a knife. I do not have any pics of 180 degree locks. Basically he said that anyone can simply punch a hole through your glass with a screwdriver and push a 90 degree lock open. Thus the need for a 180 degree lock. For the entire back of the house was $2747.00 with a veterans discount. I’m hoping that someone can chime in that has film on their windows.

Comment

Big Lee I found glass during my search that was absolutely unbreakable. I knew I couldn’t afford it so I didn’t write the name down. Y’all may look at the following sites and be able to find it: Sun-Tech, 3M, Llumar to start.

Comment

Y’all may check out Campbell window films as well.

Comment

I have a call into a company that installs the film. Will get back to you on price.........

Comment

Good deal

Comment

Peaked my interest. Only thing I do not like about our house is the amount and size of all the windows. Wife likes them for the "free light", I just see 30 different ways someone can walk in the house.

Comment

My exact sentiments Man. Like trying to defend the Alamo.

Comment

All my windows and storm door have it. its great.

Comment

Post deleted.
                          Last edited by banzai; 07-09-2020, 06:49 PM. Reason: Not a positive contribution

Comment

The only thing I worry about is the fire risk. What happens when there’s a structure fire and someone is trying to get out, or someone other than firefighters trying to access them. Other than that, I’d have it on all of ours even though we’re in a small town and low crime area.

Comment

You can still raise the window or get out of a door. Basically it prevents glass from shattering inside your home, you can get the tinted version as well that saves energy. In an attempted break in it can save buy you a few more minutes as well.
                              I’m getting some age on me now and have a 25 year old special needs son that lives with us as well. So I can use all the help I can get hardening our home.

Comment

Working...
                              X