Why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why

Can’t people in the archery shops just sell me what I came in for?? I don’t need to tell you what I’m doing with it, what I’m hunting with it, just freaking sell me the arrows I came in & asked for. I’m not even asking you to cut them for you. Just take my money & smile.

I went into a shop close to the house to pick up a few arrows & they was the closet shop that sold arrows individually. I don’t mind talking shop & stuff, especially since I retired & I’m at home all day now. I wanted some 400 spine & the guy asked me if they was for me. I said yeah, he asked what bow, what draw length. Then he proceeds to inform me that those arrows want work, that they’ll be to weak. Then asked me what I planned on doing with the arrows & then maybe he could point me in the right direction to get the correct arrow. I told him I’m just a tinkerer & I’m experimenting with these arrows. Then he said “you must be one of those FOC nuts, that think you need 25% FOC or it ain’t gonna penetrate”. Then I just said politely “sir could you take my money so I can go?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like he was trying to help you figure it out but you are correct sometimes they just need to shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
      Can’t people in the archery shops just sell me what I came in for?? I don’t need to tell you what I’m doing with it, what I’m hunting with it, just freaking sell me the arrows I came in & asked for. I’m not even asking you to cut them for you. Just take my money & smile.

I went into a shop close to the house to pick up a few arrows & they was the closet shop that sold arrows individually. I don’t mind talking shop & stuff, especially since I retired & I’m at home all day now. I wanted some 400 spine & the guy asked me if they was for me. I said yeah, he asked what bow, what draw length. Then he proceeds to inform me that those arrows want work, that they’ll be to weak. Then asked me what I planned on doing with the arrows & then maybe he could point me in the right direction to get the correct arrow. I told him I’m just a tinkerer & I’m experimenting with these arrows. Then he said “you must be one of those FOC nuts, that think you need 25% FOC or it ain’t gonna penetrate”. Then I just said politely “sir could you take my money so I can go?”

I'd imagine it's because 7 times out of 10 they get an idiot who thinks he knows what he's doing and doesn't. They don't probably run into a whole slough of folks like you that are smarter than all the folks in the industry, so they'd probably prefer that their customer leaves with the right equipment rather than what Billy Ray Fartknocker standing around the campfire told him was best after his maximum 4 Zimas. It's a safety deal
      Last edited by Smart; 08-24-2020, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        I'd imagine it's because 7 times out of 10 they get an idiot who thinks he knows what he's doing and doesn't. They don't probably run into a whole slough of folks like you that are smarter than all the folks in the industry, so they'd probably prefer that their customer leaves with the right equipment rather than what Billy Ray Fartknocker standing around the campfire told him was best after his maximum 4 Zimas. It's a safety deal
        I’m genuinely laughing at the image of Brian getting his info from a dude drinking Zima’s around a campfire 😂

Comment

Why

I'd imagine it's because 7 times out of 10 they get an idiot who thinks he knows what he's doing and doesn't. They don't probably run into a whole slough of folks like you that are smarter than them archerywise, so they'd probably prefer that their customer leaves with the right equipment rather than what Billy Ray Fartknocker standing around the campfire told him was best after his maximum 4 Zimas. It's a safety deal
          I had the same thing happen last year.

I don’t claim to be the almighty on archery equipment but I was killing deer with a bow before this dude was a twinkle in is Daddy’s eye.

I asked for some specific shafts, not what he thought I should be shooting. If a Mathews was the first bow you shot you haven’t been doing that long.....[emoji12]

Comment

In other news, congrats on retirement, Brian! I don’t like it from my perspective, but I’m happy for your sake

Comment

“ Billy Ray Fartknocker”

Dang Smart, dint know you knew him too

Comment

You're on a roll tonight

Comment

Okay- Sooo, what bow, and what draw length?

Comment

Just order them online then

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                      You're on a roll tonight
                      That's why his nickname is Butter.......cuz he's on a roll.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                        I’m genuinely laughing at the image of Brian getting his info from a dude drinking Zima’s around a campfire [emoji23]

What’s a zima?? Is that one of those iced sugary coffee things those sugar britches guys drink?? [emoji57][emoji57][emoji57][emoji57]

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
                          Okay- Sooo, what bow, and what draw length?

Elite Victory X 60# limbs at 29”. [emoji41]

Comment

Y’all heard Miley fartknockers new song?

Comment

Sounds like you need a 300 spine.

Comment

Working...
                              X