No announcement yet.

What happened - Draw Tags?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the way the point system is and everyone wanting to hunt out west thanks to Rogan, Rinella and the likes, you're most likely going to have to open the checkbook in a big way to get out there.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
      Non-residents fund 80% of Wyoming's fish & game license fee's, and only get 20% of the tags. Residents fund 20% of fish & game fees, yet get 80% of the tags.

My idea of fairness? Start paying higher resident prices, and you should get more tags. Hell, even if residents paid 2/3's of what a non-resident pays, then for sure residents should get more tags. But all the money is coming from non-residents, and Wyoming F&G won't turn off that money.

If you had the most preference points you should have drawn, unless you and a couple thousand other people had the same level, which likely is the case. What unit are you looking at, and how many points do you have?

I generally agree, Colorado is getting a little crazy. And CPW's poor bear management is only going to drop elk and deer numbers.
      I had the most points using last years draw stats. People jump units based on points. I won’t know this for sure until it is published.

Comment

I'll just continue to hunt the units nobody wants to hunt in Colorado.. i couldn't imagine waiting 10 plus years to go hunt or paying 8500 for a tag.. i ran into some guys last year that paid a outfitter to hunt the same area I was hunting .. i had 700 in a tag plus food and fuel.. they paid 4500 just to the outfitter.. me and my buddy killed they didn't even see an Elk..

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
          You fellas from Wyoming got a lead on an archery pronghorn hunt outfitter?
          Radar, there are a ton of outfitters here in Wyoming for archery antelope. A couple I know of I can throw out to you are Scott and Angie Dennie with Table Mountain Outfitters and also S&S Outfitters.

Being a resident I have never used an outfitter so I don't know who a lot of them are but those are a couple I would recommend contacting.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
            With the way the point system is and everyone wanting to hunt out west thanks to Rogan, Rinella and the likes, you're most likely going to have to open the checkbook in a big way to get out there.
            Rogan hunts private only. But I 100% agree with Rinella. And his 20 minute hunt video's make it look so easy, any schmuck could do it. Here's proof. Last fall we hunted 2 hours from Gunnison CO, which also was the nearest gas station. We get our camp set up, and take my truck for a ride. A guy comes bumbling out of his camp, sandals, decked out in First Lite. We swing in to see if he's had any luck. He has this dejected look on his face when I pull up. I ask how he's doing. He says bad, I was really hoping this was a gas engine truck. I ask why. he says "Well my gas light is on". WE ARE TWO HOURS FROM THE NEAREST GAS. I then realize if this moron forgot to get gas, there is no way he's hiking more than a mile for elk. This was confirmed just seconds later when he said his leg started hurting day two, and he just can't hike far.

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
            I had the most points using last years draw stats. People jump units based on points. I won’t know this for sure until it is published.
            What unit and how many points? I ask because I want to check against gohunt. If what you are saying is true, then gohunt will confirm that. And the reason I want to know if gohunt can confirm this, because I pay a lot to be a member specifically because of their tag drawing tool. And if their drawing tool is not accurate, I would drop my subscription. Feel free to PM me if you don't want others to know.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
              I'll just continue to hunt the units nobody wants to hunt in Colorado.. i couldn't imagine waiting 10 plus years to go hunt or paying 8500 for a tag.. i ran into some guys last year that paid a outfitter to hunt the same area I was hunting .. i had 700 in a tag plus food and fuel.. they paid 4500 just to the outfitter.. me and my buddy killed they didn't even see an Elk..
              Lol, lazy people hunting form horseback are equally, if not more lazy when they get 4 miles from the road. We've had the same experience in CO.

Comment

If you're talking about Colorado the draw stats are already out for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                  If you're talking about Colorado the draw stats are already out for this year.
                  Thanks and I just went and looked. There was only 2 tags drawn for NR. One tag was drawn by someone with 1 more point, that was not putting in for the unit in 2019, and then the other tag was drawn from my point pool. There was 2 people (me included), he/she was drew and well I’m waiting again. I’m not complaining, and glad someone will have a great hunt. I’m just stating the tags are increasingly harder to get.

Comment

Thanks and I just went and looked. There was only 2 tags drawn for NR. One tag was drawn by someone with 1 more point, that was not putting in for the unit in 2019, and then the other tag was drawn from my point pool. There was 2 people (me included), he/she was drew and well I’m waiting again. I’m not complaining, and glad someone will have a great hunt. I’m just stating the tags are increasingly harder to get.
                    Yup. PPs are a little harder to use with only 2 NR tags. No telling who's gonna put in on any given year.

Comment

Working...
                    X