Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My motor got stolen, corps must have cut my lock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

(Facepalm)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Gone

Comment

Oh no!!!

Comment

Sounds like there are some very active thieves down there but that problem exists anywhere parking is concentrated. A perusal of any of the corpus Christi fishing threads will find the same issues. Even when you get pictures of them the chances of getting your stuff back are nil. I know in Corpus they have set up stings such as a vehicle with a kayak tied to the top. I bet that would work here. Authorities only need to be successful a couple of times to push perps in a different direction, although, they may be more tolerant of this since their not breaking into homes and businesses ( lesser of two evils).

Comment

Originally posted by coojay View Post
              Gone
              That’s crazy! Hope you got out okay.?

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
              Authorities only need to be successful a couple of times to push perps in a different direction, although, they may be more tolerant of this since their not breaking into homes and businesses ( lesser of two evils).
              It’s only a matter of time until someone shoots them probably. Not too brilliant stealing from folks that are armed every time they are in the woods. I know some folks that boat in and hunt within eyesight of the boat.

Comment

coojay, Whitney or Aquilla? Sorry bastages.

Comment

2x on what Razor said! Thought you were joking at first coojay.

The fish are biting. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!
                  Last edited by Texas Grown; 12-17-2018, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Coojay, report it to the sheriff, game warden and COE? Sorry, sorry folks, makes me want to setup a stakeout, put an arrow through their hull stealing someones hard earned property. When I first started hunting Whitney I was worried about my boat on the bank, after a period of time with no issues I quit worring, now this and my worry level is pegged.

Comment

I was out at W yesterday and today. A whole bunch of nothing. This was my last hunt for the season. With work and an blown elbow I am out. Glad I got my buck at least. Heres hoping my arm is better for spring turkey season.

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
                        I hear you and understand being upset, but i’ve seen this multiple times a year for 10 years on this same thread. People complaining about stolen property. Like my 7 year old son crying because he left his toy in the middle of the street and it’s not there anymore. No one to blame but yourself.

Every time we walk through those public gates we should be reminded that the land isnt ours and we cant leave stuff out there like it is.

I don’t want to diminish the OP for his feelings of having his stuff taken just that it can easily be prevented by not leaving your property on land that anyone can access and take. I wish it wasn’t that way but it is and the corp knows that which is why the rules are there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Didn’t mean to cause such a stir! I was and am fully aware of leaving cameras out on public property. That’s why they were cheap used cameras. At the same time, I still feel it’s important to let people know when and where stuff was taken off of public for the green screen. Comparing me to your crying 7 year old is a little much...haha! I was simply stating that it’s ridiculous that other hunters feel like it’s acceptable to take other peoples property, while leaving out their own cameras and brand new ladder stands. Obviously it was disappointing to see them gone, but that’s the risk I took! Maybe my original post implied I was severely upset over it. More disappointed than anything...

KB

Comment

I don't necessarily think it is other hunters. There are plenty of opportunists in the woods other than hunters. As for leaving stuff in the woods, we leave vehicles in the parking lots all the time and they are hit the most. Same people tromping around the woods are hitting the parking lots. It's not just there either, they have no problem sneaking into private land to steal stands, feeders, guns, etc...

Comment

Anybody seen any ducks? Or hear any duck hunters?

The fish are biting. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Found someones popup a bit ago, chairs, bucket and trash left in it, pistachio shells every where on the ground smh

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Speaking of thieves, I started a thread in The Campfire about how to deal with package thieves during the holiday season. This is becoming quite fashionable across America, in different ways.

Comment

Working...
                                X