Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** dude, that's awesome!

Comment

It was a heck of a trip. It was a new fishery to Rob and I and my big sister and brother (BIL) educated Rob and I. Lot of fun and my first tarpon.

Comment

Is it weird that I'm more excited to see that cooler full of shrimp than any of the rest of it?

Comment

When I grow up I want to be ATW

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
            I tell you what bubba it drops from 2 foot to 15 within 3 feet of that bank! I had s little 2 foot gator come up to the boat, I was looking around for momma!
            I think that was you today about 1:15 in the by pass, I stopped and talked to you for a second, I thought you had a problem

Comment

Dang I can't wait to get back in the salt at some point- God willing. For now I'm enjoying everyone else's success.

What happened to the Josh guy?? Seemed like every other post was him with a ton of nice fish and then nada for posts in quite some time...

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                I think that was you today about 1:15 in the by pass, I stopped and talked to you for a second, I thought you had a problem
                Yes sir it was, next time I'll know it's you! no problems just was trying to get my anchor to hold.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                  Is it weird that I'm more excited to see that cooler full of shrimp than any of the rest of it?
                  No. Not at all.

Wife brought home some big water fish from an offshore trip this weekend. Mehhh

But that 15# of skrimps....[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Rob- did y’all catch the shrimp dragging a net or castnet them?

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                      Rob- did y’all catch the shrimp dragging a net or castnet them?
                      Glen knows some folks who work the trade and he made arrangements to pick up stuff fresh off the boat.

Gracias guys! Had an awesome trip and it's a hit or miss scene. Takes a ton of patience and a hook-up technique, with the right hook and rod spine with the drag transitioned as the pickup is made.

Feeling the bite and patiently working the hook set to the point, it's a solid hook-up with the right drag to get there is some of this game.

Lotta technology and I was so freaking happy to finally have one of my personal United Composite Predator setups - do something other than offshore topwater tuna. Extremely versatile blanks and rods.

There are two frames of mind with tarpon....whippy tip to take the jump and or a fast blank with a lot of lift. I'm the one who believes in a blank that can cast 1 - 10 oz of bait that has the spine toward the butt, that can flat punish big fish. This breaks their will and in a tarpons case, they tend to dive versus jump and you over power their will faster to fight. All of them made a leap, the big one went airborne 3 times (I'll never forget that image at 20ft above my head shaking on his tail), but they tend to go deeper and not so horizontal with water below and some serious arse whipping from the tackle.

Only 37% of all hooked tarpon are landed. We went 4 x 4 in two days. Absolutely unreal.......a weekend I will never forget!

We worked a big arse stingray up, which would have literally stuck down on some setups that don't have the lift. And I mean one of those nasty big rays in a lot of current. This nasty thing gave into my United Composites USA Predator 70 stick.....in current. Wasn't delightful but we didn't have to break off down deep.

Comment

(I'll never forget that image at 20ft above my head shaking on his tail)
                        7ft or a bit more - not 20ft - looked like 100ft

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                          We worked a big arse stingray up, which would have literally stuck down on some setups that don't have the lift. And I mean one of those nasty big rays in a lot of current. This nasty thing gave into my United Composites USA Predator 70 stick.....in current. Wasn't delightful but we didn't have to break off down deep.

Holy wow, tell me more about this death machine

Comment

Looks like the rest of my fishing season is over, dove season will be touch and go, teal season will probably be non existant. Fractured my ankle in two places Saturday. Have appointment with Orthopedic tomorrow. If I had to guess surgery will be likely.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                              Looks like the rest of my fishing season is over, dove season will be touch and go, teal season will probably be non existant. Fractured my ankle in two places Saturday. Have appointment with Orthopedic tomorrow. If I had to guess surgery will be likely.
                              Dang man sorry to hear this! Prayers for a quick recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                                How’d you manage to do that?

Comment

Working...
                                X