Texas State Parks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas State Parks

I just received notice that at the close of the business day for April 7, all Texas State Parks will be closed to the public. A reopening date has yet to be determined.

Seems reasonable since everyone is supposed to stay home anyway.

Comment

Needed to happen. People are using this Stay at Home as an excuse to go on Vacations.

Comment

Should have been done far before forcing businesses to close

Comment

Go to the lease, no need to go to a park with other people anyway.

Comment

boat ramps?

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
              boat ramps?
              Most likely

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                Most likely
                Before this weekend I bet

Comment

I was just at one last weekend. I was further away from people there than I am in my own back yard.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    Seems reasonable since everyone is supposed to stay home anyway.
                    Reason went out the window about 2 weeks ago. Being outside in fresh air, getting sun and exercise is probably the healthiest thing folks can be doing.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                      Needed to happen. People are using this Stay at Home as an excuse to go on Vacations.
                      Yes Sir. A buddy said travel trailer sales have picked up here in Southeast Texas.

Sam Rayburn will be wide open though as they are Army Corp Ramps.

Comment

Dude, your not going to catch a virus in a park. What the hell. So the park staff is low and the trash can runs over.... who cares, why take away a beach, a state park or a boat ramp from anyone! That is F'ed up!

If we can still go to a gas station, grocery store, home depot, Sam's club, Walmart, any drive through fast food, etc......, and call it "essential", then you better rethink the health benefit of the great outdoors on those that don't have somewhere to go. Mental and physical.

Comment

I don't see the logic behind this. They could disband any large gatherings inside the park while leaving trails open. Walking on trails is the definition of social distancing.

Comment

Originally posted by rtjh View Post
                            I don't see the logic behind this.
                            My understanding from a local park manager is the lack of available cleaning supplies for the bathrooms, water stations and dump station. Toilet Paper is hard to come by as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X