Someone iving on someone elses vacant land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone iving on someone elses vacant land

How can I report someone living on someones vacant land? Person up the street owns a vacant .20 of an acre that is all wooded. Don't have a way to find out who owns it.

Some random fleabag started putting up sheets of plywood and built a little "house" on the premises with the neighbor running extensions cords from his trailer over to the empty lot.

Surely this cant be legal. Talked to the sheriffs but they said they cant do anything since there is no "no trespassing" sign and the fact that the owners haven't done anything, and owners won't know anything because its been vacant for 20+ years.

What else is there to do to help to get this lowlife out of there?

How do you know that’s not the person who owns it?
    You should be able to find the owner by looking on a CAD for the county.

Comment

You should be able to search the county appraisal district website and find the owner.

Comment

Use huntonx to find owner.

Comment

Ok thanks guys. Just looked it up and says persons ailing address in in Eagle Pass. 2 hours way. Assuming they moved out there years ago since no one has ever cleaned that property up.

Comment

Offer him a couple grand for it and kick the squatters out. Or just tell the squatters you bought it and put up signs. How are they going to check if you did or not. Obama phones?
            Actually if you can contact the owners try to lease it for a few bucks so you have the rights.

Comment

You may get it cheap. That's how we bought our ranch. Absentee landowners who had no use for it.

Gary

Comment

also check if taxes have been paid. Good chance they haven't been paid.
                Pay taxes and you have you foot in the door for the property

Comment

.20 acre is tiny.

Comment

You could be neighborly and take them a house warming gift.

Comment

Comment

Buy it and evict them

Comment

Definitely don’t want to buy that piece of land. .20 of an acre is iffy bitty. So I’m assuming there’s nothing nobody can do. That’s crazy. Makes me wonder I’m paying a mortgage if I could’ve just done that and no one is going to force me out, meaning the law.

Comment

Easy thing is the guy that is owning him the extension cords for power is the son of a school board member. Lol

Comment

Go up and talk to him anf figure out his situation. Just go under the guese that you think he is your neighbor and you happy to finally meet him

Comment

Working...
                              X