Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Down Syndrome Day

3/21

Every year when this day comes, I spend time admiring my daughter Kaylen, and to be honest maybe even a little more this year. With the coronavirus scare at the moment and her ‘high risk’ status, we’ve taken a step back from what was our normal life, just as I know many of you have too. In doing so, those important things in my life have been magnified even more. While I know this ordeal has been and will be tough on many of us in one way or another, I choose to remain hopeful that in the end more blessings will surface because of it than burdens. When we found out that our daughter had Down Syndrome, it was the fear of the unknown that got me more than anything just as the fear of this new virus has gotten so many. But through time, experiences, some slowing down, adjusting our life a bit, and God constantly showing up, I have been given the gift of seeing what a true blessing my daughter is. My prayer is truly that as we continue through these uncharted waters with this virus. While some suffering will take place as well as some deaths, may we also realize the good in this global ‘reset’ that we are experiencing. Though time doesn’t stop and our stocks may be down, maybe our mindsets and vantage points will slightly shift to what matters most in this life. For me, that’s the grace and mercy of God and the growing beauty every year in my daughter, even with that extra chromosome. Challenges are present so don’t get me wrong, but the joy she shares with all those around her far outweighs any burden she may bring. So I will encourage each of you to look for the good in the unexpected ‘burdens’ of life because I promise life is so much better when you do!

Random acts of kindness is the theme of this special day. So in a time where people are worried, scared, and stressed look for a way to lift them up or bring a smile to their face and tell them it’s in honor of World Down Syndrome Day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She's a sweetheart!

Comment

Kudos on you and your family!

Comment

They are all great pics but the one of Kaylen and the turkey is GREAT

Comment

Thanks for reminding us what is important! Prayers and best wishes for you, Kaylen and your family.

Comment

Prayers

Comment

Beautiful family! God bless

Comment

Bump to advocate for individuals with Down Syndrome

Comment

My cousin has Down Syndromes. I will say that he has more heart, love, and care than most people I know. I will also add, he will work circles around just about anyone I know. I have learned more about life and how to give from his actions, then anyone else. I’m thankful for his love to the world.

Side note, not sure what he does to his fish hooks. 9 out 10 times he will out fish everyone on the same pier, boat, bank.... He keeps secrets well.

Comment

Prayers for eternal blessing for all of the little angles!

Comment

That’s great. Those pics sure brought a smile to my face this morning

You have a beautiful family sir

Comment

Comment

OP I couldn’t agree more. It’s funny how having a child with a disability, no matter how minor or severe, can change your perspective on life and how you do things. Children are truly blessings from God.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

God bless your family and little girl! Love the pics

Comment

Thank you for sharing. And, she's beautiful!

Comment

Working...
                              X