Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey Tour 2020

Turkey season may be a little different this year

About 2 weeks ago, Kayden came up to me and said that she wanted to kill a turkey this year. So we spent last weekend learning about gun safety and shooting the 20ga.

As a 4yr old, she showed lots of patience and all 5 shots would were dead turkeys! To say I'm super proud of her would be an understatement We still need to practice a little more, but I'm hoping she continues to show interest and, with some luck, she can get her first gobbler.

To throw another kink in the youth season, Logan (nephew) broke his arm last week. He's in a cast past his elbow but that shouldn't slow him down much. He took a few practice shots over the weekend and he did fine.

The kiddos are up first this weekend so hopefully we can get a few on the ground

As far as plans and where we'll be hunting....I'm pretty much playing this one by ear. I'm hoping to squeeze in a trip to Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Washington but that is all dependent on work (new business has kept me busy). Our trip to Florida was supposed to be this past weekend, but that was postponed to 2021

Comment

Nice shootin, and good times

Comment

Good luck to the young ones.
        Always in enjoy following JFT’s Turkey Tour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Turkey Tour 2020

No JFT in the title? WTH? I don't even know you anymore I guess we'll go back to calling you ClayW..

Sorry to say that there will be no stop on the hunter formally known as JFT's Turkey Tour at our place. Our numbers seem to be really low this year and his normal weekend to come falls on Easter weekend this year. Those Polish folks don't miss Easter Sunday potlucks.. Gonna miss that weekend hanging with Clay and PoPo but maybe next year. Hopefully the numbers things change over the next 3-4 weeks for us and the boyfriends migrate onto our properties. Hens have started showing up on the on the Coverts recently so maybe Tommy will follow suit. We'll still be trying to scrape a few out opening weekend for 3-4 days and probably the third weekend if we have birds on us. Who knows after that..... Good luck to everybody this season. We are going to need it I am afraid..

On a side note I did get a new DSD mating girlfriend for Tommy so he doesn't have to climb up on the back of my upright hen anymore.. She's hot and ready to roll. Ready to add her to the harem.

Last edited by Smart; 03-11-2020, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post

Good luck to Kaden and Logan this year......And PoPo if he ever gets a turn..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Good luck to Kaden and Logan this year......And PoPo if he ever gets a turn..

PoPo is 4th in line!

Comment

If you need help in NM (specifically unit 36 of the Lincoln National Forest), I can give you a few areas to try. It's a different ball game out there for sure. I'll be there April 19th-23rd.

Comment

I've been waiting for this thread.

Comment

Good luck Clay! My turkey hunting is on hold this year. Wife is on bed rest at the hospital until a scheduled c-section on 3/31. And then with a new born and c-section recovery for the wife I am not sure I will make it out this year.

Plus our turkey numbers were low last year, so it probably needs a year of rest......

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
                      Good luck Clay! My turkey hunting is on hold this year. Wife is on bed rest at the hospital until a scheduled c-section on 3/31. And then with a new born and c-section recovery for the wife I am not sure I will make it out this year.

Plus our turkey numbers were low last year, so it probably needs a year of rest......
                      Dang! I hope everything goes well for you guys

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
                        If you need help in NM (specifically unit 36 of the Lincoln National Forest), I can give you a few areas to try. It's a different ball game out there for sure. I'll be there April 19th-23rd.
                        PM sent...looks like we may be there during the same time

Comment

Well well.....look who finally showed up Y’all ain’t getting as big of a jump on me this year by gosh!! I’m heading to Alabama on the 21st for the opener!!

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                            Well well.....look who finally showed up Y’all ain’t getting as big of a jump on me this year by gosh!! I’m heading to Alabama on the 21st for the opener!!

Been busy man!

Alabama?? What made you decide to go there? Public land?

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                              Been busy man!

Alabama?? What made you decide to go there? Public land?
                              I’ve always wanted to hunt Easterns in the “real south”! I guide with another guy that used to live and hunt in Alabama. He invited me to go, so I took him up on it

Comment

Working...
                              X