Equipment Shed Pricing, WOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equipment Shed Pricing, WOW!

We are in the market to have a 40' x 40' equipment shed built. Closed in on three sides, open front, one bay being 40' deep and the other only being 20'. I have received four quotes, both metal and wood framing. They are coming in at over $16k and I am in shock. I was hoping to be in the $8k range. There's no slab, no electric, no pluming, just a lean-to shed for a camper and a tractor. Are my expectations not realistic?

The evidence points to no. Probably $8K in materials.

Comment

For that price range, the regular carport material is what you’ll need to get.
      Is that what you got quoted?
      We built this 40’ x 30’ with a 15’ x 25’ enclosed shop and it was around $8800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a 24x30 put up 18 months ago and was right at 10K for building not including slab or doors.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
          For that price range, the regular carport material is what you’ll need to get.
          Is that what you got quoted?
          We built this 40’ x 30’ with a 15’ x 25’ enclosed shop and it was around $8800

I was quoted red metal prices. Who built this one? Got any contact info?

Comment

I added a 30x30 to my existing shop. Wood frame, enclosed on two side existing shop took care of the third side. Paid 7,100.00 two years ago.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Im pricing a 40x60 shop right now with concrete slab and I am kind of surprised with the quotes im getting. Solid 39-41k

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSMC View Post
                I was quoted red metal prices. Who built this one? Got any contact info?

Superior Carports out of Victoria built it.
                I priced it at several other carport places and there’s not much price difference with any of them.

Comment

Eat`n ain`t cheap.

Comment

Nothing is cheap now, I cringe every trip to HD or Lowes

Comment

That's sounds very expensive for what you are wanting.. Insane actually.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                        That's sounds very expensive for what you are wanting.. Insane actually.
                        Agreed. I want to haggle but it looks like there’s not much room.

Comment

We built a 40’x40’ for around $13k two years ago. Enclosed on three sides with a loft area thats 10’x20’. Also has gutters. Now a buddy did it for me so im sure we got somewhat of a deal, but I doubt he cut too much profit out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Are you free spanning the rafters or will there be center supports?

Comment

Originally posted by Medina19 View Post
                              Im pricing a 40x60 shop right now with concrete slab and I am kind of surprised with the quotes im getting. Solid 39-41k
                              I built a 40x60 pole barn with a 25’ carport extension up front and a 15’ lean to all the way down the 85’. 14’ eves 3 garage style doors, 4 windows, 2 walk through doors and NO CONCRETE for around 38k. It was windstorm certified though so it had quite a bit more material involved.

That was the most competitive bid I got from a company I was willing to use.

Comment

Working...
                              X