On board air compressor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On board air compressor?

Looking for install pics and tips of; compressor, tanks, gauges and switches. Ordered a VIAIR constants duty with a 2.5 gallon tank. Right now, main use would be to air up tires, but I see bags in my future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re probably aware - but lots of videos on the YouTube

Comment

Do you have Ranch Hand Bumpers?
      I've seen people use those as air tanks.

This is what Semi Trucks use

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
        Do you have Ranch Hand Bumpers?
        I've seen people use those as air tanks.

This is what Semi Trucks use

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.
        No RH, stock ram dually.

Originally posted by captteddy View Post
        You’re probably aware - but lots of videos on the YouTube

I’ve seen some, but I tend to hold the opinion of the green screen higher.

Comment

I don't have any pictures but I had my compressor and air tank bolted to the frame and ran a line from the air tank to fuel tank filler door where I put a schrader valve. I could then flip the upfitter switch to turn on the compressor and hook my hose up at the fuel tank door to fill tires etc. I worked well.

Comment

I have a compressor, tank and hose reel on my 97 f150. Compressor and filter are sitting higher then anything else, between the inside and outside walls of the bed. The tank is below the compressor and bolted to the rails of the bed floor. And the hose real is mounted to the back of the truck hidden in between the inside and outside walls of the bed. I installed a 95 psi shut off switch on the tank and a toggle switch on the dash. I can turn the compressor on and it will pump up to 95 psi and shut off. Then once I start using air and it drops below 85 psi the compressor comes back on to help keep up. When I'm all done I turn off the toggle switch. I will have to see if I can get the pictures to post later, it's not letting me from my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ten Ring View Post
              I have a compressor, tank and hose reel on my 97 f150. Compressor and filter are sitting higher then anything else, between the inside and outside walls of the bed. The tank is below the compressor and bolted to the rails of the bed floor. And the hose real is mounted to the back of the truck hidden in between the inside and outside walls of the bed. I installed a 95 psi shut off switch on the tank and a toggle switch on the dash. I can turn the compressor on and it will pump up to 95 psi and shut off. Then once I start using air and it drops below 85 psi the compressor comes back on to help keep up. When I'm all done I turn off the toggle switch. I will have to see if I can get the pictures to post later, it's not letting me from my phone.

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
              I don't have any pictures but I had my compressor and air tank bolted to the frame and ran a line from the air tank to fuel tank filler door where I put a schrader valve. I could then flip the upfitter switch to turn on the compressor and hook my hose up at the fuel tank door to fill tires etc. I worked well.

These both give me good ideas, thanks

Comment

Following along. I like this idea.

Comment

In.

Comment

I tried to find some old pictures showing this stuff in more detail from when i installed this system, but I couldn't find them. So I took some quick pictures. The first picture is showing the air tank looking at it from the wheel well. In the top left you can see how it is bolted to the bed frame rails. I know its dark but in the top right, above the air tank, you can see the bottom of the bracket holding the compressor on. The second and third pictures show the hose real. I have a cap over the quick disconnect to prevent mud from getting in it. The last picture shows the compressor bracket I built. The way I installed the compressor was by building this bracket that extends from the bed floor out into the empty space of between the inside and outside walls of the bed. In this bracket I included some large flanges that stick up to help block mud from reaching the compressor and filter. I know the pictures are not great and I could probably get some better ones if I need to.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ten Ring View Post
                      I tried to find some old pictures showing this stuff in more detail from when i installed this system, but I couldn't find them. So I took some quick pictures. The first picture is showing the air tank looking at it from the wheel well. In the top left you can see how it is bolted to the bed frame rails. I know its dark but in the top right, above the air tank, you can see the bottom of the bracket holding the compressor on. The second and third pictures show the hose real. I have a cap over the quick disconnect to prevent mud from getting in it. The last picture shows the compressor bracket I built. The way I installed the compressor was by building this bracket that extends from the bed floor out into the empty space of between the inside and outside walls of the bed. In this bracket I included some large flanges that stick up to help block mud from reaching the compressor and filter. I know the pictures are not great and I could probably get some better ones if I need to.

Where did you find the reel?

Comment

The reel is a craftsman reel meant to be mounted with a swivel on the wall. I made a different mounting bracket for it. I believe Northern tool sells one very similar.

Here is the link:

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                          Looking for install pics and tips of; compressor, tanks, gauges and switches. Ordered a VIAIR constants duty with a 2.5 gallon tank. Right now, main use would be to air up tires, but I see bags in my future.

Did you get a single compressor or the twin pack . Also you will need a pressure switch and relay for the compressors . Do you need a wiring diagram ?

Comment

Originally posted by TX Outlaw View Post
                            Did you get a single compressor or the twin pack . Also you will need a pressure switch and relay for the compressors . Do you need a wiring diagram ?

Single compressor. I was under the impression that this kit has everything I need??

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                              Single compressor. I was under the impression that this kit has everything I need??

In for the install and updates. I’m looking to do this as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X