Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wife learned an inexpensive lesson...lock your car doors!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife learned an inexpensive lesson...lock your car doors!!!

I always preach about never ever ever leaving anything you're not willing to lose in your car. Fortunately, in this case, my wife listened to me. She thought she locked her car last night (one of those touch locks) but apparently it didn't and some low life walked by checking car doors last night. Yep...everything was rifled through and best we could tell they got pocket change, took her gym bag and then dumped it part of the way down the street but kept the gym clothes in it and that was all. They did miss her Maui Jims (they were tucked up in a little cubby) which was the only real thing of value in the car. Probably one of the local homeless ppl.

She used to have a bad habit of leaving her laptop, day-to-day jewelry and other things in her car but I've managed to help her break that habit...and today was proof positive of why that's important.

I hate a thief.

Well I will say she did it right. Don’t lock your doors and don’t leave anything inside. That way you don’t have a broken side window from spark plug ceramic and your stuff rummages through and pocket change missing. I leave a doors unlocked and they can have whatever is in there. Just don’t break my windows

Comment

I hate it when I hear about someone leaving firearms in a truck or car thanks now it’s on the streets!
      Hate a thief too,saw someone pulling on handles in a parking lot recently

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        Well I will say she did it right. Don’t lock your doors and don’t leave anything inside. That way you don’t have a broken side window from spark plug ceramic and your stuff rummages through and pocket change missing. I leave a doors unlocked and they can have whatever is in there. Just don’t break my windows
        Fair point on them breaking windows...hadn't really thought of it from that POV. What's the deal with spark plug ceramic?...does that make breaking the glass easier? I guess its 50/50 on whether or not the thief will be brazen enough to smash a window in a driveway at night

Edit: Holy Cow!!! just watched some videos on throwing spark plug ceramic at car windows. Consider me educated
        Last edited by JonBoy; 04-19-2019, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Someone did a poor job of trying to pick the lock on my truck tool box a few month back with a screwdriver. Not sure how they didn’t get it into it but they would’ve been disappointed when all they found is a gallon of oil, windshield washer fluid and a cheap $10 mechanics set

Comment

Been a victim myself. They took every tool out of my tool box on the back of my truck one night.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

It happens in my neighborhood with the unlocked cars regularly

Comment

spark plug ceramic is charged. They bust it up into pieces and all they gotta do is barely toss it against the glass and it shatters it with very little to no noise. The thiefs call them magic rocks. I just leave everything unlocked as dealing with broken windows or locks that have been punched is expensive and time consuming. Cheaper just to let them steal $5 in quarters.

Comment

I’m in the camp of unlocked with nothing of value inside.

Comment

My brother, who works for Agrekko rebuilding and maintaining emergency generators, went to Paradise California after the fires to work and do emergency repairs. Some lowlife took well north of $3K worth of tools from his truck. He paid for those tools himself when he was in school. I was just as upset as he was. They were great tools. They took his entire Snap-On kit and left the diagnostic electronics sitting right next to it.

Comment

Harbor Freight tools, and leave doors and tool boxes unlocked,
                      Better than dealing with busted glass and jimmied locks and doors.

And never leave a firearm in a vehicle.

Comment

Been hit a lot myself. I just don't leave anything worthwhile for them to steal.

Comment

Brother has had this happen multiple times. One time they saw he had a console vault and kicked at it for a few monitors until the truck shifted into gear and rolled into the street. Didn’t get mush of value besides a charging cable. Non the less, most wont break your window if they don’t see stuff. Most wont even go that far just looking for the easy grab and go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            I was gonna say the exact same thing. What you described is cheaper in the long run.

Comment

I never lock my doors or my toolbox. Had some jackwad break my window and use a crowbar to get in my toolbox. He got pretty much nothing and cost me a ton of money because he was an idiot. All he had to do was use the handle to open both.

Comment

Working...
                              X