Opinions on Halo LED for Avalanche?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on Halo LED for Avalanche?

Thinking about changing the factory headlights to Halo LED Projectors? Anyone have opinions from experience as to what brand..pros/cons?

A couple of brands seem to dominate at least Amazon, SPYDER & SPEC-D. I'm not even sure if they will make that much of a difference as I'm wanting more brightness and overall performance. My truck is an '05, 4X4 LT and paid for...since they are not making them anymore and I like it, going to keep and make some upgrades from time to time.

Thanks in advance

I had some on my 02 avalanche and had problems with the spyder ones. I don't think they where leds maybe just projector. I would look into a retrofit if you could afford it. Look at the morimoto retro ones.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
      Thinking about changing the factory headlights to Halo LED Projectors? Anyone have opinions from experience as to what brand..pros/cons?

A couple of brands seem to dominate at least Amazon, SPYDER & SPEC-D. I'm not even sure if they will make that much of a difference as I'm wanting more brightness and overall performance. My truck is an '05, 4X4 LT and paid for...since they are not making them anymore and I like it, going to keep and make some upgrades from time to time.

Thanks in advance
      If you want something that is actually brighter, you're looking at spending a good amount of money. Check with Recon. That's the only brand of pre-made lights that were actually brighter. Just be prepared to spend around 1k for a set if they make them for Avalanches. The ones you see on amazon aren't actually HID projectors. They're just a typical halogen bulb placed behind an HID looking housing. The ones I've purchased in the past have actually been dimmer than stock headlights. Basically you get a look upgrade with these, not a function upgrade. Not trying to be a downer. Just don't want you expecting brighter and be upset when you see them.

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
        If you want something that is actually brighter, you're looking at spending a good amount of money. Check with Recon. That's the only brand of pre-made lights that were actually brighter. Just be prepared to spend around 1k for a set if they make them for Avalanches. The ones you see on amazon aren't actually HID projectors. They're just a typical halogen bulb placed behind an HID looking housing. The ones I've purchased in the past have actually been dimmer than stock headlights. Basically you get a look upgrade with these, not a function upgrade. Not trying to be a downer. Just don't want you expecting brighter and be upset when you see them.
        well that sucks... i was actually just looking at some of those for '08 the other day.
        thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          well that sucks... i was actually just looking at some of those for '08 the other day.
          thanks for the heads up.
          Yes it does. I bought some Spyders for a Nissan I had. Expecting it to be an upgrade in light amount. Didn't end up being the case. The only ones I've seen in person that actually were brighter are the Recon brand stuff. But, they cost considerably more. I don't see any of the Recons to fit the Avalanches like the OP is looking for.

Comment

thanks for the responses, been doing some research after previous responses. may not be a viable thing to do at least for now.

Comment

Working...
            X