Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    You need a different accountant
    I was saying about paying in taxes, yea we did not qualify for the stimulus package.

Comment

Originally posted by BarBBar View Post
      I got a one page two-sided letter on Monday signed by President Trump stating that I had already received a stimulus payment, but there was no check or debit card with the letter. I tried to call the phone number on the letter, and it had a recording telling me it could not help me. Finding this very confusing, I researched these notices on Google, and learned there is a process for claiming debit cards that were lost or thrown away by accident. After spending about two hours reading up on this, I checked my shredder pile of junk mail that I had not shredded yet, and found a plain white envelope that looked like a typical credit card application piece of junk mail. When I opened it, I found a debit card with my name on it, and a letter explaining how to use the debit card. I plan to go to the bank in a day or two and get a cash advance against the card so I don't have to make numerous cash withdrawals from an ATM. The moral of this story is open all of your junk mail just in case a debit card is in there.
      Exactly what I got, sure hope I didn’t throw it away on accident.

Comment

If you admit to expecting one the cash only old dudes are gonna cancel you.

Comment

Rec'd and not using. Don't know why we rec'd one.

Comment

I sent my 12,000 dollar stimulus check to the government last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
              I sent my 12,000 dollar stimulus check to the government last week.

Thanks for supporting us old retired guys. Save it while you are making the big bucks.

I remember those tax times when I worked a full time job. The good thing about retirement is the lower tax bracket bad thing my pension isn’t no where near as high as my salary. Social security in a few years will bump it up.

Comment

We got our tax refund (small) in one account at one bank, and the stimulus money came into another bank. Within a week of each other. Got the letter telling me i have stimulus money coming a week ago. It was dated early May, about when we got refund and stimulus. While i dont think i have anymore coming, i still watch the mail.

Comment

I have not. 2018 taxes had me exempt. Filled 2019 taxes in May which does qualify me for stimulus. So not sure which tax year they will go by and if I will receive one? I keep looking.

Comment

I tossed my debit card(looked like a scam) the next day on the news it explained what they were. Hours on the phone with Money Network finally got a person that new what to do. She looked up my card found the number. Helped me activate the card. Then we were able to do a direct deposit to my bank. It showed up two days later.

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
                      It was supposedly sent to you in the way you filed. If you efiled and direct deposited, they used that banking info. Glad I didn't change banks or accounts.

If you mailed in and rec'd an actual check that was how they'd send it I guess. or a debit card.
                      That's not true. I haven't sent in a paper tax form in over 10 years, still I received a debit card for my stimulus.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                        Rec'd and not using. Don't know why we rec'd one.
                        You should donate it then.

Comment

Originally posted by Hntr2506 View Post
                          You should donate it then.

We’re keeping ours because you just KNOW Uncle Sam will want it back at some point soon...

Comment

I got $12.36. Think I may take a vacation.

Comment

I am waiting for July 15 to mail the government almost 6 figures to pay the capital gains on the CA house we sold last year. No $1,200 here.

I want to spit thinking I’m funding this idiocy.

Comment

Here we are on tax day, still no check for me... Anyone else?

Comment

Working...
                                X