No announcement yet.

Javelina in Stonewall County???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are in Baylor, Knox, Wilbarger counties for sure. No reason they wouldn't be in Stonewall County. Those animals in the pics are javi's for sure.

Comment

At the rate 2020 is going so far it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see a herd of antelope in Jack County. There's already 5 elk seen running around the county.

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

I’ve seen three at our place in Archer County

Comment

Definitely Javelina.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
              I’ve seen them on the river north of aspermont. From what I understand they are fairly common in that area. Just so you know, they are a game animal, and I don’t think there is a open season for them in stonewall county.
              Correct. A limit of 2 per season I believe. They can certainly become a nuisance animal.

Comment

Looks like it is. These are some that show up on my lease.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                  Correct. A limit of 2 per season I believe. They can certainly become a nuisance animal.
                  There is no open season in Stonewall county. Meaning you cannot legally kill them there at anytime.

Comment

Popping up everywhere in the Valley too, 5 different “herds” in Mercedes, some are roaming into town, doesn’t work out for anyone

Comment

Yep. We have some on our place in Scurry County, just South West of Stonewall County

Comment

Those are javelinas my vote. Was taking an afternoon tailgate siesta in Young County along the Brazos a few years back when I hear animal noises. Soon I’m surrounded by maybe a dozen javelinas rooting the ground, ignoring me and just doing their little pig thing. Totally surprising, and totally cool. My camera was in the front seat, and did not want to scare them off so did not get any pics. I kept watching them as they fed off into the woods. They are out and around, I kind of like that.

Comment

I'd say if Stonewall didn't have them before. They have them now.

Comment

I've hunted Stonewall for 3 years and haven't ever seen them on our place. Pigs yes, but not javis. They're fun to stalk with a bow if you ever get the chance

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
                              I've hunted Stonewall for 3 years and haven't ever seen them on our place. Pigs yes, but not javis. They're fun to stalk with a bow if you ever get the chance
                              pretty close to blind as bats.

Comment

Working...
                              X