No announcement yet.

Hot Opener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will hunt the morning but will probably not in the evening. DO NOT FORGET YOUR THERMACELL!!!

Comment

I've been tracking opener weather the last 5 years at my place in Doss and this is the hottest year yet. Typically its averaged upper 70s to low 80s for the high...this weekend they're forecasting 92!

Comment

Hottest September in Austin history with 17 100 degree days so far with more on the way.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ateague11; 09-23-2019, 02:26 PM.

Comment

I'll hunt my stand a mile from camp in the mornings and then move to a stand closer to camp with a cooler of beer in the evenings. Can't wait to get into the stand.

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
            I'll hunt my stand a mile from camp in the mornings and then move to a stand closer to camp with a cooler of beer in the evenings. Can't wait to get into the stand.
            I like this strategy...making me re-think sweating it up in my Krivo with a bucket of ice cold beverages

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
              To hot to be jacking with a deer. I ain't that mad at them. But probably be slinging some 7 1/2s across a dove field drinking cold beer some place.
              That's what i'm talkin about!

Comment

It’ll probably be mid-October before I get in the stand. No significant deer movement last year on the trail camera until the first good cold front.

Comment

Easy choice for me with the temp and wind direction. Stay home!

Comment

This is Texas. It's hot. I've sweated in a tree on the opener every year and this one will be no different. There's a good buck I'm after and this weekend is my best chance to get him.

Comment

waste of time to go same with dove to hot and no birds = no fun

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                        I like this strategy...making me re-think sweating it up in my Krivo with a bucket of ice cold beverages
                        Cold beer and college football in a pop-up early season is where it's at! Roll Tide

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                          waste of time to go same with dove to hot and no birds = no fun
                          Getting good reports in South Texas. And from what I'm seeing down here shouldn't take long at all.

Comment

They are already rutting so y’all better get out there Saturday morning 😜.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                              When I arrive in Big Sky, Montana this weekend it is supposed to be 34 for the high and 16 for the low. I better go repack some warmer gear!
                              Man I really hope you get frostbite!

Comment

Looks like heavy rain for this weekend should keep the temps down. I’ll just wait till November

Comment

Working...
                                X