Smoking a roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking a roast

Anyone ever smoke a roast instead of using crock pot?
    My wife brought 2 home today, i seasoned one like i would a brisket. Gonna put on pellet grill tomorrow. Any tips?

Cook it like a brisket, just less time. Comes out great imho. What I do now because we don’t eat a ton of brisket so hard to spend $50 and all day cooking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We cooked one on the pellet grill yesterday. Cooked it probably two hours at 225 then wrapped with taters, carrots and beef broth. We upped the temp to 300 after wrapping and probably cooked a couple more hours. I was already cooking a brisket for a community luncheon so we figured we would try a roast while we were at it. It turned out good.

Comment

I’ve never done one but would like to just to make chopped beef. T-Roy cooks on YouTube has a video of doing one I believe

Comment

Just saw one smoked and turned into poor mans burnt ends... thats what I am talking about!

Next up on my list

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

What kind of roast is it? A chuck roast will have a lot more fat content and take a longer smoke a little better than a rump roast that is a lot leaner. The videos on YouTube are of chuck roasts (chuckies) being smoked like brisket. I do often and they usually turn out really well. Pretty **** close to brisket point, if cooked right.

Comment

Sounds great! I’ve never tried this. Would love to see pics once it’s finished

Comment

Another option is a 24 hour spud vide chuck roast and a quick hot sear. 99% prime rib at 10% of the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by ostey22 View Post
                  Sounds great! I’ve never tried this. Would love to see pics once it’s finished
                  Me too.

Comment

Sounds like she found the Brookshires buy one get one for a penny deal too. My wife brought 2 home yesterday. I always cook them just like a brisket. Smoke for a couple hours, wrap, then pull when it probes tender. Shred it and make tacos.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                      Sounds like she found the Brookshires buy one get one for a penny deal too. My wife brought 2 home yesterday. I always cook them just like a brisket. Smoke for a couple hours, wrap, then pull when it probes tender. Shred it and make tacos.
                      yes she did, hope to have it on around 3 this afternoon. if its worth a crap, I will post some pics. thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

My kids like smoked chuck roast better than brisket.

Comment

Love a pork shoulder roast off the smoker--

Comment

I smoke 4 chuck roasts the other day. They were on sale and i couldn't find a good brisket. Cooked them just like a brisket. Pulled them a 200. Everyone that at them was impressed. I was too.

Comment

You guys know if you give away this secret then chuck roast price will get stupid expensive too right? Shhhhhh..

Comment

Working...
                              X