Tractors 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
    I've had my Kubota 68 hp for 15 years for a similar setup. Except I do end up shredding about 30 acres every year. The tractor has been great with zero issues. My biggest regret was not getting a cab. Even though I feared all the trees in East Texas would tear it up, it would have been worth in not to suffer through the heat, dust and pollen.
    Not counting hornets.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 40 HP Kubota with FEL and PTO. I bought it used so didnt come with shredder, but I have that ability in the future. Holds up well against mesquite and cedar on my 25 acres in Llano.

Comment

I’d suggest 75 - 100 hp with a 15’ batwing for 200 acres+....

Comment

Originally posted by csmith936 View Post
          I have a Kubota M6060 with FEL and 8’ cutter for my 10acres and deer lease.....I wouldn’t want anything smaller...just my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          What would I be looking at cost wise for tractor and trailer setup like you have?

Comment

Kubota M 6040, a little over 60hp and no emissions crap. It took me awhile to find one, but when I did, I didn’t mess around, I bought it. My M 5700 before this one was a really good tractor, but no front end assist and no FEL. I need both at times. I paid $27,000 for it used.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
              What would I be looking at cost wise for tractor and trailer setup like you have?
              About 50k +- for what you see

Comment

Id go with as much hp as you can afford. Also can you fix it yourself, or how close is the mechanic or dealer for parts, have a trailer big enough to haul it, and a truck big enough to pull both? Just some things to ponder.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                  I would go with a Kubota MX5200 at the minimum with 3rd function so you can run a grapple.
                  This is the exact tractor I have, and I honestly wish I would I have went with the 60hp option with a cab. I also have less than 200 acres.
                  Last edited by Hockley; 08-21-2019, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    Kubota M 6040, a little over 60hp and no emissions crap. It took me awhile to find one, but when I did, I didn’t mess around, I bought it. My M 5700 before this one was a really good tractor, but no front end assist and no FEL. I need both at times. I paid $27,000 for it used.
                    This is what I wanted. I just couldn’t afford to pay for a used tractor so i had to go the new route with 0% interest.

Comment

Why do people try to buy anything but... John Deere?

Buy you a used pre def model 5065 or 5075 John Deere and never look back.

I’ve messed with just about all of them brands and or worked on them especially the big names. There’s a reason John Deere’s cost a little more. There worth it and so is there support.

Look most new or light used tractors should hold up for a good 10 years at your usage. But eventually they all break. And that’s when John Deere shines because you can get parts!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Get one 4wd, with a FEL, that will run a 6' shredder.
                        this and pre def

Comment

As others have said go way up on your sizing for that amount of space. Me personally I wouldn't have less than 75hp

So much more you can do with it.

That being said I strongly recommend that you go with a brand that has a dealer near(ish) your ranch. When things go wrong you'll be able to easily get a service tech out if you go that route.

Comment

Might be a good unit to look at.....

Comment

We have a 54hp Kubota, open cab, FEL, 2wd.

If I did it again:
                              60-70hp
                              4wd
                              Enclosed Cab
                              FEL and extra hydraulics on the back.

Comment

What part of the state is your ranch in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X