Protein Pellet Ingredients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    I never will just because of their untruthful advertising and lies about the ranch this protein is "featured" on by Brett Holden

Can you explain the untruthfulness regarding the advertising and ranch? I’m curious, and I’m not gonna go back through any past threads to find out. Would just like an honest answer, as I’m always open to learn and listen to people with proven deer results.

I follow several proven ranches on social media and have witnessed first hand increase body weight and antler size on their herds and they all believe that DD has had the biggest impact. I have witnessed the feed be consumed at a much higher rate than other feeds right next to it, and I have witnessed how powerful it can be, simply as an attractant because deer seem to love the smell and taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
      Haters will hate. The lab results speak for themselves. DD has led the field for years and still does. You might disagree with the marketing but you can’t ignore the labs!
      Purina has led the field from a research standpoint if you want to go there.

Plain ol corn has a higher TDN than anything listed on this page. Looks like corn is the TDN leader as a deer feed.

Heck peas at $0.10 a lb will test around 80% TDN +/-.
      Last edited by txwhitetail; 02-07-2019, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post

Plain ol corn has a higher TDN than anything listed on this page. Looks like corn is the TDN leader as a deer feed.

Strictly from a LABS, TDN, and "PROTEIN PELLET" perspective, as that is what this thread is about, DD has been at the top of the list (see #276).

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
          Strictly from a LABS, TDN, and "PROTEIN PELLET" perspective, as that is what this thread is about, DD has been at the top of the list (see #276).

The focus has been on tdn not the total package feed as it relates to ingredients and cost.

Most of the feed companies listed have a premium feed that has higher cost ingredients.

Most people buy feed based on price (usually lowest priced) and some buy the highest priced thinking they are getting the best by spending more. Fact is very little has proven that one feed really outperforms another and that really can’t be proven scientifically anyway.

Feed what you like but don’t take the bait that one feed is a miracle worker. Normally the benefits of going with the best dealer in your area that have feed in stock at reasonable prices will far outweigh the gains by paying extra for a premium feed. I would be feeding Purina if the dealer in my area wasn’t way over priced on feed and corn.

What the average consumer (hunter) doesn’t understand in many cases is that the deer advertised to sell deer feed are the extreme cases and on many ranches are more of feedlot type situation. When researching feed ask them questions about the claims made. High fence, low fence, partial high fence, quantity fed, etc etc. You will be shocked at the quantity fed most of the time and that quantity is unrealistic more most hunters/managers. It’s called marketing and it definitely works.

Comment

So everyone is judging DD by its advertising, price and what many believe is a false representation of the ranch?

How many on this forum truly have any experience with the feed itself?

Comment

Haters will hate. The lab results speak for themselves. DD has led the field for years and still does. You might disagree with the marketing but you can’t ignore the labs!
              This is true! I will admit that.

Their protein and TDN% is hard to beat.

With that being said protein alone will not solely make a buck gain 30-40 inches. Ignoring the fact of predators, age, doe/buck ratio, natural browse, genetics and all other factors it takes to grow big deer.

Just be honest

Comment

Originally posted by Cull hunter View Post
                So everyone is judging DD by its advertising, price and what many believe is a false representation of the ranch?

How many on this forum truly have any experience with the feed itself?

I didn’t mention any brand other than purina in my last post but it is interesting you would take what I said and apply it to DD...

Comment

With that being said protein alone will not solely make a buck gain 30-40 inches. Ignoring the fact of predators, age, doe/buck ratio, natural browse, genetics and all other factors it takes to grow big deer.

Just be honest

Could you answer my question about the false advertising and the truth about their ranch? I would like to know what is true and what isn’t. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post

Exactly. The same few members say the same thing, every thread, every time.

Originally posted by Ground Checkin' Heavies View Post
                    Could you answer my question about the false advertising and the truth about their ranch? I would like to know what is true and what isn’t. Thanks.

Nope. He won’t answer with any facts, only what he’s heard. He’s never been to the Chittum, never will.

Originally posted by Ground Checkin' Heavies View Post
                    Can you explain the untruthfulness regarding the advertising and ranch? I’m curious, and I’m not gonna go back through any past threads to find out. Would just like an honest answer, as I’m always open to learn and listen to people with proven deer results.

I follow several proven ranches on social media and have witnessed first hand increase body weight and antler size on their herds and they all believe that DD has had the biggest impact. I have witnessed the feed be consumed at a much higher rate than other feeds right next to it, and I have witnessed how powerful it can be, simply as an attractant because deer seem to love the smell and taste.

[emoji3074]

Yawn, you’re redirecting like a Democrat about border security.

The focus has been on tdn not the total package feed as it relates to ingredients and cost.

Most of the feed companies listed have a premium feed that has higher cost ingredients.

Most people buy feed based on price (usually lowest priced) and some buy the highest priced thinking they are getting the best by spending more. Fact is very little has proven that one feed really outperforms another and that really can’t be proven scientifically anyway.

Feed what you like but don’t take the bait that one feed is a miracle worker. Normally the benefits of going with the best dealer in your area that have feed in stock at reasonable prices will far outweigh the gains by paying extra for a premium feed. I would be feeding Purina if the dealer in my area wasn’t way over priced on feed and corn.

What the average consumer (hunter) doesn’t understand in many cases is that the deer advertised to sell deer feed are the extreme cases and on many ranches are more of feedlot type situation. When researching feed ask them questions about the claims made. High fence, low fence, partial high fence, quantity fed, etc etc. You will be shocked at the quantity fed most of the time and that quantity is unrealistic more most hunters/managers. It’s called marketing and it definitely works.

What if you’re not the “average” who does everything possible in the name of management and looks for an “edge”? You call it “unrealistic”. From your posts, it’s obvious that you are always looking for a bargain.

Just be honest
                    Be honest? I’ve never claimed that DD was the only reason I broke 32 years of ranch records this year and last. DD has the highest percentage of digestible nutrients, higher consumption, and a very consistent recipe. If you hang your hat on not liking the marketing, how do you ignore my independent customer experience?

I didn’t mention any brand other than purina in my last post but it is interesting you would take what I said and apply it to DD...

You have attacked DD repeatedly. Your spin is obvious and weak. Like arguing with a liberal.

Comment

Exactly. The same few members say the same thing, every thread, every time.

Nope. He won’t answer with any facts, only what he’s heard. He’s never been to the Chittum, never will.

[emoji3074]

Yawn, you’re redirecting like a Democrat about border security.

What if you’re not the “average” who does everything possible in the name of management and looks for an “edge”? You call it “unrealistic”. From your posts, it’s obvious that you are always looking for a bargain.

Be honest? I’ve never claimed that DD was the only reason I broke 32 years of ranch records this year and last. DD has the highest percentage of digestible nutrients, higher consumption, and a very consistent recipe. If you hang your hat on not liking the marketing, how do you ignore my independent customer experience?

You have attacked DD repeatedly. Your spin is obvious and weak. Like arguing with a liberal.

Peyton about all you are good at is name calling and carry the water for DD. It’s a full time job for you justifying to others for buying it. Like I’ve said in the past if you’re happy with it keep buying it but don’t try to BS others with results that can’t be traced back to a certain feed factor.

Comment

Peyton about all you are good at is name calling and carry the water for DD. It’s a full time job for you justifying to others for buying it. Like I’ve said in the past if you’re happy with it keep buying it but don’t try to BS others with results that can’t be traced back to a certain feed factor.

Keep buying cheap for your underfed and undermanaged deer. If you’re satisfied with 150’s, keep on keeping on! Your post history says all. If you half ***, expect half ***!

Comment

Never fed DD, Never managed, Never committed, owns NADA. Lease Boss knows ALL!

Comment

[emoji23][emoji848][emoji23]

Comment

Oh lord y'all done got them DD boys fired up! Doesn't take much though just let them think you spoke bad about their idol Bret and his miracle feed and here they come

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                                Oh lord y'all done got them DD boys fired up! Doesn't take much though just let them think you spoke bad about their idol Bret and his miracle feed and here they come

Nothing to add to the discussion?
                                That figures, you never do!

Comment

Working...
                                X