No announcement yet.

86 yard bow shot on a javelina!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You didnt do anything I can see illegal. Followed blood rail and it ran out. Wanton waste is not giving an effort to recover or wasting an animal.

Comment

Sounds like you made an attempt to recover to me..

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        You didnt do anything I can see illegal. Followed blood rail and it ran out. Wanton waste is not giving an effort to recover or wasting an animal.
        OP typed that he wasn't going to go into the South Texas brush at night in an attempt to recover an animal that he was going to drag off into the brush anyway. Then used the edit feature on his post.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
          Looks like you removed info from your post at 10:06.
          Jesus Christ man! Yes, I removed that quote after it was pointed out I was a villain! Would you be less offended if I put that part of the post back in???

Comment

It's a freaking Javi. They shouldn't be game animals in the first place.

Comment

Good shot and I see nothing wrong with this. It's a brush rat who cares. Says found blood and followed but never found what else can you do?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                Be careful! Somebody might get offended by your statement! They might even call the GW on ya for making such a comment! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
                  OP typed that he wasn't going to go into the South Texas brush at night in an attempt to recover an animal that he was going to drag off into the brush anyway. Then used the edit feature on his post.

I second this.

I don't consider that (86 yards) an ethical shot on a game animal. Flame away.

Comment

Originally posted by Fling em View Post
                    Jesus Christ man! Yes, I removed that quote after it was pointed out I was a villain! Would you be less offended if I put that part of the post back in???
                    I don't see where anyone said anything about being a villain. And, I'm not offended. Just stating facts.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      X1010193729 glad Mexico sees them for the rats they are

Comment

Good lord. People gotta hate. Best to keep things to yourself nowadays.

Comment

Good shot! Is that set up primarily for gun hunting? Is the feeder 86 yards from you for bow hunting?

Comment

The grade school hall monitors are out in full force, aren't they?

Comment

Helluva shot. Don't see as you did anything wrong. If you would have made that shot at 50 yds and found blood and trail and it ran out and couldn't find it, it would have been same result. Shot an animal, made an attempt to recover and couldn't find it. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                Good shot! Is that set up primarily for gun hunting? Is the feeder 86 yards from you for bow hunting?
                                Both of my spots have a box blind and 1 or more bow stands. This is a new spot that we moved to this year and I didn't get a chance to clear it out any further than I did.

The shot was made from the base of the box blind. It's not a particularly good spot for bow hunting but I improvised by wrapping burlap around the base of the stand and hunting from there. It worked out a lot better than I thought it would so I will keep it as another option to bow hunt out of.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20181221_092536.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	24567936

Name:	Resized_20181221_092506.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	24567937

Name:	Resized_20181221_092426.jpg