Build: Storage Shed Project 16x24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Build: Storage Shed Project 16x24

Finally shaping up.[emoji854] 11 yards of concrete and a few adjustments along the way but no complaints. Gotta get my garage cleared of "stuff!" Pretty bad a 4 car garage can only park one vehicle.[emoji3061] Mostly hunting or fishing associated gear that needs its own space![emoji6] 10 foot walls with open rafters for additional storage. Going to geaux with a metal roof to match the roof on the pavilion by the pool. This shed will be bricked to match the house. I will be adding two outside electrical sockets to the shed, 6 electrical sockets inside, 4 sliding windows, flood lights on 2 of the corners, 2 large ceiling fans, 9 foot garage door, and a 36" entry door with a hanging light near door. Added large pad area outside front door for boiling crawfish or BBQing. [emoji91][emoji1270][emoji91]
    I am open for other suggestions that folks have found useful over the years.[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Looks like a great start

Comment

Looking good

Comment

You must be rich using that much OSB. Just kidding, it looks great and the only thing I would have said before you poured the slab would be to geaux bigger.

Comment

The other 4 yds of concrete were used for a "backup pad" or a parking space for two vehicles. It will be inlaid with bricks when the shed gets to that point. Right now it's a good spot for my trailer......lol![emoji38]
          Good to see the lumber stack going down as Bayou has been guarding it! [emoji849]
          I also added a pic of the front door and the uninsulated 9x7 garage door.Click image for larger version

Name:	20210508_170149.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	24650310Click image for larger version

Name:	20210508_170255.jpg
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	24650311Click image for larger version

Name:	20210508_170943.jpg
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	24650312Click image for larger version

Name:	20210508_170631.jpg
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	24650313Click image for larger version

Name:	20210508_170703.jpg
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	24650314Click image for larger version

Name:	20210508_170744.jpg
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	24650315

Comment

Originally posted by W-O View Post
            it looks great and the only thing I would have said before you poured the slab would be to geaux bigger.
            Yeah, lots of thought was given to that also.[emoji106] I am truly hoping that organizing my outdoor gear and such will also force me too dump some stuff.[emoji856] My entire garage has storage above it but it is creeping into the bays. I definitely have plenty of room to add on however.....lol![emoji854]

Comment

My only suggestion would have been to remove all that grass first and put down a vapor barrier. Your floor will most likely sweat.
              Other than that it looks great!

Comment

Beagle looks very happy!!

Comment

Bayou gettin ready for his new dawg house!

Looking good!

You must have a lot of $#!T if you gotta have more storage space!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                    My only suggestion would have been to remove all that grass first and put down a vapor barrier. Your floor will most likely sweat.
                    Other than that it looks great!
                    Never heard or seen that. I will ask that question. [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                      Bayou gettin ready for his new dawg house!

Looking good!

You must have a lot of $#!T if you gotta have more storage space!
                      Danno u know it's my wife's fault[emoji854]. I am getting my outdoor stuff it's own space at this point. She won't even get a key to the door!!![emoji6]

Comment

Should be plenty of room

Comment

Looking goood...At today's lumber prices, that shed probably cost more than my house did..

Comment

Chicken biz must really be good these days. .

Nice place and additions.

Comment

When it comes to a concrete slab unfortunately you get what you pay for. It’s best to have it done by a professional. Good luck with that one.

Comment

Working...
                              X