No announcement yet.

Surf fishing for first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'll know when it is a redfish. Won't have to wonder if it is the current or not. They don't nibble. They don't play with it. They just eat it and swim off.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
      Listen to Glenn, he is the one that gave me my first surf tips about 15 years ago!

Good luck. The single best day of fishing I’ve ever had was a rare calm day in May when the surf laid down. I was in the area so went on a whim. I caught fish until My hands hurt. Well over a hundred solid keeper trout up to 28”. I’ll never forget that day.

Those days are magic. Last year the surf was tough for us. It never was really good. I sure hope this year we see some of those exceptional surf days again this summer.

Comment

Watch where the waves are breaking to learn where the cuts are in the bars that run parallel to the beach. It will be the spot where the waves don't break as big or not at all. Fish will move between the guts through those cuts or wait there to ambush bait.

Just 100 yards one way or the other down the beach can make a big difference in your success.

Comment

Working...
        X