Surfside fun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surfside fun?

What is there to do in Surfside? I will be fishing when we go to the beach...we really only have 2 days there. Anything we must do? I thought I saw the Galveston Aquarium is a must see, however, at $60 an adult... that's a hard pass. I just can't justify $300 to see some turtles or something that my son (who would be free and only allow us about 2 hours at the aquarium) can't even remember.

Places to eat? Things to see?

Thank you! Will be there the 2nd - 5th, but getting there late and leaving early.

Thanks,
    Clay

Pretty much, just drink. There is a good Mexican seafood place across the bridge that should have crawfish. Have fun, I was crushed when my friend sold his place down there.

Comment

Sea Center over in Lake Jackson is pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
        And free! So is the Jetties!

Comment

Defintely go get a cheeseburger from The Jetty Shack.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Kitty purple cow still there?

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
              Kitty purple cow still there?
              Originally posted by Neck View Post

Thanks all. I will check out the jetty shack. I remember seeing something like the purple cow so thats probably it. I think we are staying close to it, too.

And the free alternative sounds great. A day earlier and they are teaching folks how to fish haha. Wish I was there for that.

Comment

Sit on beach, drink, fish, try not to lose your hat and sunglasses. Only two days? Definitely no time for anything else.

Oh ya, look at bikinis. Almost forgot that one

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post

Both of these and Asiel's Restaurant is pretty good as well. Justin Hurst WMA is close by but not sure if its open to just drive through. Brazos bend wouldnt be to hard to do either

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                    Pretty much, just drink. There is a good Mexican seafood place across the bridge that should have crawfish. Have fun, I was crushed when my friend sold his place down there.
                    What place is this? Probably heading down soon.

Comment

Sea Center is neat for a short trip. But Surfiside to us is just running around the beach and not going anywhere... unless like mentioned to the Jetty Shack.

Comment

grew up in Freeport and have not been back for years.
                        I have heard Sea Center is neat.
                        From what I hear there are now some "Decent" restaurants in the area.
                        Have not been to any myself:
                        Seahorse bar and grill
                        Captain Kens at Bridge harbor
                        On the River
                        La Taqueria de surfside

Comment

There is nothing in freeport/surfside to do...except eat, drink and fish. Aside from 30 minutes in Sea Center. (while a magnificent hatchery..it is only "ok" with regards to visiting center)

Comment

Not much to do. I work/fish in the area. I’ve probably eaten at every restaurant in this part of the world. Sea Center is cool, and free, just up the road in Lake Jackson. As far as restaurants go, there are none that really blow me away. Seahorse is good, our favorite down there is the Beachfront Bar and Grill but that is mainly for the atmosphere and the drinks. The food is good though. Pretty sure Kittys is closed. Jetty Shack is a good burger. If you want Mexican run into town and eat at a restaurant called El Patrillo, it’s off Dixie in Clute. On the River is overpriced, and poor quality seafood. They have another restaurant called The Swamp Shack in Lake Jackson and it is ok. There is a little diner in Freeport called Sweet T’s that is pretty good. Dorado’s Dive Club is pretty good eats as well. If you’re going May 2-5, expect the surf to be rough, lots of current and crappy fishing. And if you head into Lake Jackson get ready to be blown away by all the chemical plants. Lol

Comment

When my kids were competing in sports against Brazosport we always made our way down to eat at the Seahorse, good beachy atmosphere with decent food.

Comment

Working...
                              X