No announcement yet.

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, just want to take a minute to put out a reminder. Please wear your kill switch lanyards. I am really bad about not using mine and I know I am bad about it. I'm going to really try harder to make it happen every single time I run my boat. I hope you all will too. Things can go really wrong, really quickly.

I'm not going to go into details but we lost a fishing guide on the coast today who was thrown from and then run over by his boat and was killed. It can happen so fast even to the most experienced boaters. This is at least the second incident I personally know of with someone I consider an expert in their area and an expert at running a boat ending up being thrown from and run over by their boat. Neither one had a kill switch or had it on.

Be safe out there.

Prayers up for the family.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
      Well today is a letdown, Yesterday was 10 times better!!!

Yea I said it!!
      You can be my wingman anytime.

bob can too because no way a hot chick is picking him over me.

Comment

Not only could it save your life, it could save some innocent persons life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang. Bad timing on my post there. Prayers to his family.

Comment

Prayers up for the guide.

Comment

Prayers up. I wear mine 100% of the time. Also, take the time to make sure it is working. A buddy and I showed up in POC once spur of the moment and borrowed a friend’s boat to fish out of. Once while making a run that day my buddy reached for something and pulled the kill switch cord while doing so. To both our surprise the boat kept on running. Pretty uneasy feeling seeing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think I am going to look into one of the cordless options. I think I'd do better with something like that.

Comment

Rip

I believe it’s the law now to wear it as of last sept. 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                    I think I am going to look into one of the cordless options. I think I'd do better with something like that.
                    This is the first I have heard of a cordless option. I admit I don't wear mine consistently, definitely when I have the kids onboard though.

Prayers up for the guide that lost his life today, sad news.

Comment

Man what a tragedy. Just seeing this, he definitely wasn't a newbie to the game. Prayers for his family.

Comment

I’ve been clipping it to my pants/shorts and leaving it on the whole trip. That way switch gets flipped off when we stop and I leave the console area. Won’t start back up until it’s switched back so always reminds me to put the lanyard back on the switch. The wrist things seem like a huge pita.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                          We've talked about those before. I agree not a bad option.

I figured you'd know the guy.

God speed sir

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                            This is the first I have heard of a cordless option. I admit I don't wear mine consistently, definitely when I have the kids onboard though.

Prayers up for the guide that lost his life today, sad news.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              We've talked about those before. I agree not a bad option.
                              I meant to have them install one on my boat and just flat forgot about it. It's an easy addition and can be wired in with your current regular kill switch so that you can use either one.

Comment

Any way I can get a link or PM me who this was. I have a lot of guide friends on the coast. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X