Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I trust a 2011 F350 with 211k miles????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
    This is what I am hearing from my Ford dealer- used vehicles are at an all time high because the microchip shortage has made finding new vehicles difficult. I went and talked to the local dealer yesterday because I keep getting emails from them wanting to buy my 2019 F25o gasser and can get a 2021 with a 7.2 for less money per month. I told them I would be interested as long as I don't get under water on they one I am in now- he said right now the problem would be finding me a 2021 model.
    If they are paying someone to make the deal, it is not a better deal for you.

If they mail you a letter with an offer, that is not a good offer.

Comment

The thought of paying that much for any Ford even brand new would question a person's sanity.

Comment

I’m always skeptical buying used trucks especially diesels, because there are too many shade tree mechanics doing “deletes” and other work.
        I have a 2011 F250 with 184k and a F350 with 153k (both with 6.2 gas motors), and I wouldn’t hesitate to take off on a cross country trip in either of them. However, I wouldn’t buy someone else’s truck with the same age/mileage unless I know the seller very well.

Comment

These truck posts are my favorite just because there are so many wildly inaccurate assumptions.

My .02: I've had 250k mile trucks that looked and drove new. I've had them with 75k that were almost ready for the junkyard. It's a diesel so if it does need something it's going to be expensive. If you have a very accurate service history it wouldn't bother me to own a 6.7 Ford with 200+ on it but with the understanding that it still might need something. Saying all that, I wouldn't pay 25k for it either.... Probably high teens. Maybe 20 if it was perfect. But the market is nuts.

Comment

I bought a 2011 F250 6.7 w/ 116K on it in July 2019 and paid $26K for it. If the motor was cared for then the main items you'll mess with are front end and suspension work. But at that mileage i would walk on the price.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
              If they are paying someone to make the deal, it is not a better deal for you.

If they mail you a letter with an offer, that is not a good offer.
              Listen to this guy, he gets it

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                You remember playing Hot potato as a kid?
                Bwahahahaha- perfect!

Comment

For what it's worth, I have a 2012 f250 6.2 gas with 207,*** miles. I would trust it to go anywhere you wanted to go and pull a heavy load doing it. I have a 37 foot bumper pull camper that I routinely pull 3-6 hours one way. Don't be afraid of it.

Comment

I agree with the No way, absolutely not!

Market- I have a 2016 f350 srw king ranch ( 59,000 miles) that is worth more right now than I paid for it including the Extended warranty I paid for! I don’t use it for towing very much anymore and was thinking about getting a half ton but with the market the way it is , half tons are equally pricey and lose their value so quickly! I’m still milling it over but I’m just about over it! My truck is in excellent condition but rides just a little bit too rough :-)

Comment

Way too high

Comment

I know a new one is $85k.... But that is a lot of miles when considering that is where YOU will START from day 1 of your ownership.

If I were you I'd set my budget at $40k and go try to find a 15 or newer with less than 80,000 miles. I'd be willing to sacrifice some of the bells and whistles for less mileage and a documented service history. As others have said since these trucks now have DEF systems it's hit or miss. A few repairs and you will wish you'd spent more and got a newer vehicle.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Why won't your F150 do the job? Throw some air bags on it or something and send it. I'm assuming a bumper pull trailer? I pulled a 31' TT with my '11 ecoboost a few times and it did fine, although I wished I'd had bags. I wouldn't pull the trigger on a new or used truck in this market in any case. Wait till all those stimulus check repos start hitting the yards!

Comment

There is no way I would pay that much money for a vehicle with that mileage/use.

I have a truck with 210k, but those are my miles, I know them. I wouldn't use somebody else's miles when you start getting over 60-70k miles.

It is a horrible market all around though. Good luck to you either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Bdunn View Post
                              Why won't your F150 do the job? Throw some air bags on it or something and send it. I'm assuming a bumper pull trailer? I pulled a 31' TT with my '11 ecoboost a few times and it did fine, although I wished I'd had bags. I wouldn't pull the trigger on a new or used truck in this market in any case. Wait till all those stimulus check repos start hitting the yards!
                              It’s good that they will pull but the Stopping part is what will get ya, trailer brakes or Not! No comparison at all - heavy duty diesels ( even heavily loaded ) pull steep grades with limited problems! Heavy duties have larger brakes , more and heavier duty wheel studs ( this is a loading problem with half tons that people do not think about) ! I love the ride of half tons ( empty) but a loaded 3/4 or 1 ton can ride just as well :-) !

Comment

I'm in the market for a Tundra, and after looking for the past month, I'm going to just wait a year and hope prices come down. It's just stupid right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X