Humidor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humidor

Want to keep my cigars upstairs in the gameroom but it stays warmer up there. Orders a new air wine cooler. Building Spanish cedar shelves. Ordered the Spanish cedar from woodcraft. Still working out what the drawer front will be. Wiped out the cooler with baking soda and distilled water. Let it sit open for a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's gonna be nice! Keep us posted

Comment

Can you control both the humidity and temperature? Been looking for something similar that won't break the bank.

Comment

cool deal!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
          Can you control both the humidity and temperature? Been looking for something similar that won't break the bank.

Wine fridge handles the temp, I have a cigar oasis to handle humidity. I’ll post up more details

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
            Back in front of a computer. Went with a humicare eh plus for humidity control. I like active humidification, some folks dont. For the fridge, you want a thermoelectric model because a compressor cooling type sucks out humidity and makes bigger swings. Keep a check of facebook marketplace, I bought this one as a refurb model from newair. One dent on the back. I'm $185 in the cooler and $100 into the humidification. Boveda packs may be cheaper, some folks use kitty litter beads, which is dirt cheap. Shelves cost me about $15 each to build, but you could buy a few empty boxes from your local store to get some cedar in there or do without. The right airtight plastic storage bin and a few boveda packs is your cheapest way to go.

Comment

Finally put it together.

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

looks good! enjoy!

Comment

Great looking and that will hold some smokes!!!!

Comment

Nice have you started the process of humidifying everything before placing sticks into humidor? Took me a little to get it stabile.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
                        Nice have you started the process of humidifying everything before placing sticks into humidor? Took me a little to get it stabile.

I have. Active humidifier running at 65%. Been holding steady for 24 hours now. I’ll honestly give it a week or so before I stock it. My smokes are in a desktop with a cigar oasis or ziplocks with Boveda packs

Comment

Comment

I want to load it up I just feel it shouldn’t have stabilized so fast

Comment

it a sealed box should stabilize pretty fast.

I say load it up

Comment

Working...
                              X