Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much landscaping did you lose in the freeze?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We thought we lost our 9 sago palms but they are spouting new life!

Comment

Lost 60% of the flower beds, wife didn't wait and replanted weeks ago. Finally accepting that I lost about 10 pallets worth of St. Augustine in the backyard.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
        Lost 60% of the flower beds, wife didn't wait and replanted weeks ago. Finally accepting that I lost about 10 pallets worth of St. Augustine in the backyard.

I thought the same but hit mine with some Hastagrow liquid fertilizer and it’s already back to normal. Do you have any green runners under the thatch

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          Still waiting on 4 HUGE beds of ~30 year old azaleas to see if they survived; plus a few other shrubs.
          Us too. We have some really big beds of 20+ year old azaleas that I thought were toast. About half of them are finally showing signs of life but some of the largest still have not budded. We lost most of our big flower beds at our entry. My daughter and I redid them several weeks back. We lost 2 young palms in the back yard and we have replaced them as well. This drought that we've been in this spring around here hasn't helped. I've had to water quite often.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotney View Post
            All my Indian hawthorns
            Mine too

Comment

All of my Indian Hawthorne, two 8’ windmill palms one being a double, a good size Mediterranean palm, a good size sago, and all of my Asian jasmine. So far I am 2K in replacements and have not touched the shrubs. My Bermuda looks like crap and I think I will drop at least a pallet of new sod as well. I was so focused on my pool equipment I neglected some of my plants. I think it would have been cheaper to replace the pool equipment, which I had to do as well.

Comment

I am shocked at how well our landscaping did overall. I told my wife ahead of the storm that we were probably looking at $10k to replace what would be killed. Amazingly nearly everything has come back. We have lost a few small plants here and there. We lost all of our flowering senna, a total of 5. That was the biggest hit we took.

Comment

I haven't seen a live Indian Hawthorne,yet.The palms from Dallas to Louisiana are dead.Boy it's a shame.

Comment

Lost everything but 2 big rose bushes. Not mad, it was all here when I bought the place and was in the way to begin with

Comment

14 Indian Hawthorns bit the dust. I`m not gonna replace anything till next year. I just filled in with a little extra mulch last Sunday when I finished working on my flower beds.

PSA: Lowes has their mulch on sale ...... 5 bags for $10.00

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                        I thought the same but hit mine with some Hastagrow liquid fertilizer and it’s already back to normal. Do you have any green runners under the thatch
                        I do have some runners in some spots and treated the yard about a month ago with a granulated fert. It brought the front yard back to life but my back is struggling. I'll look into the Hastagrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          Nothing in San Antonio, everything but the grass. in Corpus
                          I just got back from Corpus. Lots of dead palms and shrubs. Everywhere you looked, there were big piles of dead shrubs that had been taken out.

Comment

Originally posted by boomerball View Post
                            our hawthorns look hurt ... greening up in some spots, but quite a bit of dead areas too. should we start over on them or will they come back with some time? they are about 8yrs old or so
                            Our hawthornes looked pretty bad, lawn guy cut them back a bit a few weeks ago and now they are getting covered in new growth.

Comment

I can throw a ratchet in all of this. 16 Japanese blueberries, 3 Sylvester date palms, (we think, still going to wait on those), 2 sago palms, and our 2 yr old chocolate lab that ate one of the palms new growth that was coming back in. ****ing terrible week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                                I can throw a ratchet in all of this. 16 Japanese blueberries, 3 Sylvester date palms, (we think, still going to wait on those), 2 sago palms, and our 2 yr old chocolate lab that ate one of the palms new growth that was coming back in. ****ing terrible week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                ****, sorry for your loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X