Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington 700 bolt headspace

Heres a question I been pondering
    I have a ADL and I want to put a BDL bolt in it if I use one from the same caliber and year or is head spacing a still an issue? Just curious if yes I will be in the market for a BDL 270 bolt from a 1981 r700
    At the same time are BDL stocks interchangeable with ADL receiver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not how it works.

ADL and BDL is a stock/magazine configuration

Barreled 700 action can go into an adl style stock or a bdl one.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SmTx; 12-26-2020, 10:49 PM.

Comment

I’d be Leary of it. Headspace is set by the barrel. I’d check it with a headspace gauge before shooting

Comment

Just curious....Why would you want to change the bolt? The headspace is set by the barrel and literally how many turns into the receiver it goes and how much is removed with the chamber reamer. Due to manufacturing discrepancies, I wouldn't even try sequential serial numbers of the same caliber. Super curious as to why you would want to swap bolts? Different bolt knob? Fluted bolt body? If it has something to due with jeweling that will be changed drastically after 100 rounds on a Remington.

Comment

Remington 700 bolt headspace

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
          Just curious....Why would you want to change the bolt? The headspace is set by the barrel and literally how many turns into the receiver it goes and how much is removed with the chamber reamer. Due to manufacturing discrepancies, I wouldn't even try sequential serial numbers of the same caliber. Super curious as to why you would want to swap bolts? Different bolt knob? Fluted bolt body? If it has something to due with jeweling that will be changed drastically after 100 rounds on a Remington.

Family members have rifles with no bolts
          Just had my gears Turning for a minute
          Thought if it would theoretically work for them it would work for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by bowfishtank401; 12-27-2020, 01:22 AM.

Comment

No difference in the barrelled actions on most from ADL to BDL. If you change a bolt, the head space should be checked every time to be safe.
            Last edited by trophy8; 12-27-2020, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X