No announcement yet.

Bill Obrien..... Stay or Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appreciate your commitment Tshelly. How did the team improve though? 10-6 and one of the worst losses in NFL history in the playoffs. They are no better today than they ever have been. With as many weapons on the offense, they were still the 14th or 15th ranked offense in the league. O’Brien looks lost at times. You can blame Watson or whatever but it comes down to scheme. Defense was as bad as I’ve ever seen with no clear path forward. There are major deficiencies at pass rush and in the secondary. No draft picks to rebuild, for two years! Just have to hope they hit on middle round draft picks. O’Brien mortgaged the future to “win now”, but forgot to win. The stars aligned for them this year and they choked, such a **** embarrassment. The same thing will happen next year, they’ll get to the playoffs, and lose unless they play an inferior team or a back up qb. He’s been here long enough and hasn’t done anything besides a win a few divisions in at the time, a pretty crappy division. I want to at least feel like they have a shot to win it all. Never will happen with this current regime. They may always be competitive but BOB doesn’t have what it takes to take them to the next level. We’ve seen it over and over.

Comment

I think it's funny all the Texan fans getting their panties in a wad. They got beat by a much better team, get a new coach and they will still be a mediocre team. It's Houston football thing.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        I appreciate your commitment Tshelly. How did the team improve though? 10-6 and one of the worst losses in NFL history in the playoffs. They are no better today than they ever have been. With as many weapons on the offense, they were still the 14th or 15th ranked offense in the league. O’Brien looks lost at times. You can blame Watson or whatever but it comes down to scheme. Defense was as bad as I’ve ever seen with no clear path forward. There are major deficiencies at pass rush and in the secondary. No draft picks to rebuild, for two years! Just have to hope they hit on middle round draft picks. O’Brien mortgaged the future to “win now”, but forgot to win. The stars aligned for them this year and they choked, such a **** embarrassment. The same thing will happen next year, they’ll get to the playoffs, and lose unless they play an inferior team or a back up qb. He’s been here long enough and hasn’t done anything besides a win a few divisions in at the time, a pretty crappy division. I want to at least feel like they have a shot to win it all. Never will happen with this current regime. They may always be competitive but BOB doesn’t have what it takes to take them to the next level. We’ve seen it over and over.

They lost in the AFC divisional round. One win better than last year. They beat a really good buffalo team. They lost to the AFC favorite at home, they were -10 going in. People act like we were supposed to win. Us last weekend was Patrick maholmes last year. All offense, no defense. Andy Reid is a 10-10 coach in the play offs. Good coaches will have ups and downs. W
        Special teams were tops in the league.

I do agree. We regressed in defense. Not on board with the Clowney trade but it still got us two impact players for the foreseeable future. The Texans will spend most all offseason re building the defense. Watt getting hurt killed any chance of a stable defense.

The offense stayed about the same stat wise. Lost starting running back week 1. Greatly improved the Offensive line and all skill players. Our offense goes as Watson goes. There are players wide *** open that he misses or doesn’t see all the time. People placing no blame on Watson need to learn more about the x’s and o’s.

We are missing a 1st round and 3 round next year. A 1 and 2, the next. We will trade someone to get in the top 2 next year.
        We are definitely receiving another 3rd for mathiue and was on track for another 3rd for Kareem Jackson until he was suspended last two games. It may be a 5th. Saying there are no picks is just wrong. Tunsil is the top young left tackle in the game. We have 8 **** draft picks next year.

We will have to sign tunsil, Watson to long term deals first this offseason. The hopefully reader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think DeShaun Watson's the biggest problem with the Houston Texans. They try to blame everything on Bill just watch and see

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

21 Rush attempts versus 51 passes tells me the whole story. Especially when KC has one of the worst rush defenses in the league. When you are up (by pure luck by the way), you run the ball to run the clock! The fact that they didn't exploit that is inexcusable.

Also doesn't help when you let them score three touchdowns in 3 1/2 minutes either. Poor coaching and execution. They looked defeated even when the game was tied, they gave up.

Comment

Fire him!!

Comment

I completely understand the folks responses about BOB's success. I ask this question to the people that think he should stay. Do you think LSU would have won the championship this year if Les Miles was still the coach?

Comment

I've watched this team since the beginning and I've just never been able to buy-in. I'm not sure why. Oh, I remember. It's the organization. Terribly run and BOB is the icing on the cake. No concept of time management, burns timeouts faster than my 10 yr old on Madden and his overall surly and grouchy demeanor make him hard to like. The stupid play calling is pretty consistent too. I'd love to see him out the door, but sadly it will not happen. It's sad really because we're wasting the prime years of some amazing athletes.

Comment

Fire O’Brien and hire Garrett. Jason has something to prove.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Red 82 View Post
                      Fire O’Brien and hire Garrett. Jason has something to prove.
                      Seriously? Why didn’t he prove it this year with all of the weapons that he had at his disposal?

Comment

Originally posted by wtb90 View Post
                        Seriously? Why didn’t he prove it this year with all of the weapons that he had at his disposal?
                        Cuz he sucks

Comment

Didn’t see another thread about it.
                          O’brien promoted to GM and will remain head coach for 2020 season
                          Last edited by KyleW; 01-28-2020, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post

It’s only going to get worse. They are going to waste Hopkins and Watson’s prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                              This has never seemed to work out good for any team. The Coach and GM are two different positions for reasons. I am not at all happy about this.

Comment

How the hell does this even happen. What owner would allow his HC to promote himself to GM...and think thats a good idea...

Comment

Working...
                                X