Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Solar Panel Charger for 12v battery/USB Help.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Solar Panel Charger for 12v battery/USB Help.....

I'm looking to add a solar charger to my blind for charging a 12V battery/USB, but don't have a clue on how to go about what needs to be done. Who knows how to do this stuff & wouldn't mind lending a hand?

Thanks in advance,
    Greg

Where do you hunt?? All you need is a battery, solar panel and solar charge controller.

Comment

Not too remote, but my cell signal is -zero at best. My phone searching endlessly and runs my battery down very quickly when I'm in the stand. Thought this might be an answer to my problem. Maybe even wire up to a dvd player/screen for the kids eventually.

Comment

Just an opinion I believe you are completely over complicating the hunting experience. Solar power at the stand for the purpose of charging and hooking up screens may as well park the RV out under the tree and pop the window open . Good luck this season hope it happens for you

Comment

Originally posted by Beardedbuck View Post
          Not too remote, but my cell signal is -zero at best. My phone searching endlessly and runs my battery down very quickly when I'm in the stand. Thought this might be an answer to my problem. Maybe even wire up to a dvd player/screen for the kids eventually.
          For the cell signal thing just turn you phone on airplane mode or switch off the cell portion of the phone.

If you still want the solar charger there are lots of ready-to-go options.

Comment

Originally posted by Beardedbuck View Post
            I'm looking to add a solar charger to my blind for charging a 12V battery/USB, but don't have a clue on how to go about what needs to be done. Who knows how to do this stuff & wouldn't mind lending a hand?

Thanks in advance,
            Greg

Order this. Solar panel. 12v battery.

Quick Charge 3.0 Dual USB Charger Socket, Waterproof 12V/24V QC3.0 Dual USB Fast Charger Socket Power Outlet with Touch Switch for Car, Marine, Boat, Motorcycle, Truck and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082PNLMDS...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is a suggestion on a solar panel... The panel has mostly good reviews and if you look at the bottom Amazon suggests a solar charge controller and battery. I didn't read the reviews on the battery and controller but this is what you need for what you want to do,

Comment

I bought a solar panel and charger to keep my battery charged for my 12v pump at camp.
                It is a TP 20amp. Was easy to install and wires were long enough probably 6ft or so.

Comment

this one has a built in regulator. plug it in and done.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stick bow View Post
                    Just an opinion I believe you are completely over complicating the hunting experience. Solar power at the stand for the purpose of charging and hooking up screens may as well park the RV out under the tree and pop the window open . Good luck this season hope it happens for you
                    Ahh, there it is.....I wondered how long it'd take for someone to spout off and tell me how wrong I am for wanting power to recharge my phone or to have a screen/player to entertain the little ones that want to tag along for the hunt, but don't have the patience to sit and be still for a few hours. Thanks for your useful input and have a nice evening.

Comment

Thanks to the rest of you guys, that'll give me some avenues to pursue. I appreciate the help.

Comment

I have always thought about this, but never looked into it. I followed one of the amazon links thats was posted, and found this system. Looks like a decent, all in one setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                          Order this. Solar panel. 12v battery.

Quick Charge 3.0 Dual USB Charger Socket, Waterproof 12V/24V QC3.0 Dual USB Fast Charger Socket Power Outlet with Touch Switch for Car, Marine, Boat, Motorcycle, Truck and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082PNLMDS...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I'm about to do the same thing. I'm going with a smaller, trickle charger for the battery, similar to what is on a feeder. I won't be hunting that much and I can't see a phone charger draining a 12v battery that quick.
                          I ordered this socket and I'm just going to try this solar panel from harbor freight to make it cheaper. From what I've read, with the smaller watt panel, a controller shouldn't be needed.

Amazing deals on this 1.5 Watt Solar Battery Charger at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

Comment

I like to surf the web and watch videos on my phone when I'm in a box blind but my battery runs out. I bought this backup battery/solar charger to try. I plan to hang it out the window towards the sun and see if it can extend my phone. $38 plus you can charge it on the dash during the day.

Comment

If all you are wanting to do is charge your phone - I carry one of these. $4 off coupon going on right now so only $17.99

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QXV6N1B/ref=dp_prsubs_2

Comment

Working...
                              X