No announcement yet.

Score a dead deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have guessed 143 - 145. But i honestly can just guesstimate, somewhat. I'm really mad at myself for not taking more measurements before i dropped him off. We'll see once i get him back.

Comment

P&Y for sure

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
        I would have guessed 143 - 145. But i honestly can just guesstimate, somewhat. I'm really mad at myself for not taking more measurements before i dropped him off. We'll see once i get him back.
        I think you are right with your guess, that’s a great looking buck. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
          Yes sir. He's already at the taxidermist. But when i get him back i'm getting him scored. I'll revisit this thread then. Thanks.
          Please do, I keep practicing trying to learn from these guys and i can barely squeak 140" out of him. Would like to know where I'm missing it. By the way - the neck on that dude, WOW! I would have hauled him straight to the taxidermist as well. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
            Please do, I keep practicing trying to learn from these guys and i can barely squeak 140" out of him. Would like to know where I'm missing it. By the way - the neck on that dude, WOW! I would have hauled him straight to the taxidermist as well. Congrats!
            Well put your numbers down and compare them to mine or Antlers numbers

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              Well put your numbers down and compare them to mine or Antlers numbers
              Yes sir, I did. Mine are closer to Bone Thugs. By no means trying to short change a fantastic deer just curious how the official measurements fall out.

Comment

I know that area fairly well. Big bodied deer and can take away from the antlers. Good curve in tines. I might be over on mass. I came up with 32” originally but added 4” thinking 1/8s would add up. Same with tine length. 1/8s will add 7-10” on a deer quickly! I shot an 8pt last year south of that area that went 147”. This deer looks bigger and says 150s all over it. Be interesting to see the results. I’ve been wrong many of times. Either way it’s one heckuva buck!

Comment

Yes sir, I did. Mine are closer to Bone Thugs. By no means trying to short change a fantastic deer just curious how the official measurements fall out.
                  You and Mike are close. Being + or- 2-5 inches is good.
                  Mike and I hunt in the same general area and the older or mid aged deer in our area can fool ya those 2-5 inches in a hurry. I ve been out there 16 years and passed on some deer that were shot and scored later. I always underscore them. I missed em by 10 inches

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                    I know that area fairly well. Big bodied deer and can take away from the antlers. Good curve in tines. I might be over on mass. I came up with 32” originally but added 4” thinking 1/8s would add up. Same with tine length. 1/8s will add 7-10” on a deer quickly! I shot an 8pt last year south of that area that went 147”. This deer looks bigger and says 150s all over it. Be interesting to see the results. I’ve been wrong many of times. Either way it’s one heckuva buck!
                    You are not kidding, the neck and hardware on that deer are fantastic!

Comment

I hear you. I really like putting numbers on a deer before score is posted. Great practice. To me... I gave to add inches on those north deer. I have him at 149. I think 152 will ge dead on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                        Very nice buck. Congrats!!!!

I’m guessing around...142”

G1’s-3,3.5
                        G2’s-9.5,7.5
                        G3’s-9.5,8.5
                        G4-4
                        Split brow Kicker - 3”
                        Left base kicker -1

Main beams-23,22
                        Mass-28.5
                        Inside spread 18.75

It’s not easy guessing off pictures at times. No disrespect intended, if I’m short changing him.
                        Ballpark I'm in.

Beautiful buck sir, those extras really stand out! Nice!

Comment

I didn’t score him but I’m thinking 140

If he’s 220lb + add 10 inches
                          Last edited by RMW; 10-26-2020, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                            Spread 18.75
                            MB 24-23
                            Mass 36
                            G1 3-3
                            G2 11-8
                            G3 11-11
                            G4 5
                            Kicker 3

156-158

Wow! I wish you’d score some of my deer. Ha. I don’t know the area or the deer, seems like you do so I’m betting you surprise us all. I got him at 144” pretty deer and congrats OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I gotta ask, the arrow under the head in the first pic? Was it a frontal shot or did the arrow just happen to be laying there when you took the pic? I think I might be short changing him on score also.

Comment

Heck of a buck, Mike! Congrats on getting him with your bow.

Comment

Working...
                                X