F250 issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F250 issue

My BIL bought a 2020 F250 6.2 gas. There is a constant ticking noise coming from the engine. Dealer says normal. Anyone else have this truck and hear it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hunterdrake; 10-29-2020, 01:31 PM.

Could it be injectors? I had a Fusion that when you popped the hood you could hear each injector fire off and they were loud.
    Last edited by 2014FusionM; 10-29-2020, 01:32 PM.

Comment

On a dodge it means broken manifold bolts or heat shield bolts. Not sure on the ford

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

My prior Chevy had a constant ticking under the hood. Told it was injectors.

Comment

I had the same thing in a V 10. Two hundred thousand miles later it was still ticking but the bomb never went off. Used no oil, never faltered. Aggravating, but not terminal.

Comment

My 2017 diesel has a tick, bugged the poop out of me for the first couple weeks and now I don't even think about it.

Comment

My 2020 has similar sound. I was perplexed when I first heard it also and kind of figured it was injectors.

Comment

My 2018 F150 with the 5.0 had ticking on driver side of engine. Was told it was normal, they replaced the motor at 32k miles. Number 1 cylinder gone.

Comment

Seems like every 6.2 I’ve heard has that same tick.

Comment

I have it on my F250 every once in awhile on start up. Goes away almost instantly

Comment

My 2020 6.7 constantly makes noises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My 2020 6.7 ticks also. I was a little concerned at first but not much anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Search Ford 6.2 Cam Phaser issues.

All Ford Modular engines are an abomination design. Having the same issue on my 5.4 Triton.
                          If he bought it from a dealer take it back and insist they fix it.

Comment

There are a multitude of problems and it is next to impossible to fix one and get it 100% right. If your in there might as well replace all timing components and add a high volume oil pump.

I'm in the middle of replacing Cam Phasers, Timing Chains, Tensioners chain guides and oil pump with a new high volume oil pump.

Comment

Originally posted by gatt40 View Post
                              I have it on my F250 every once in awhile on start up. Goes away almost instantly
                              Is it gas? If so the chain tensioners are oil pressure driven. If it has sat for a while the tensioners bleed down which causes slack (chain slap) in one or both chains until pressure builds after start up.

This will eventually lead to broken chain guides (plastic) and or work out cam phasers.

Don't ignore the tic..it is not normal.

You may get by with no problems for 15K miles or 100K miles.

Search you motor and cam phaser issues. If its a Ford thisnis VERY likely your issue.

Check tensioners, guides VVT solenoids, chains and oil pressure with a real gage.

Comment

Working...
                              X