No announcement yet.

99-f250-7.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So everything went to the defrost vents today , so will trace some vacuum lines tomorrow...

,,Sam,,

Comment

The pump was bad ( burned up , you could smell it inside ) tried the YouTube fix but didn’t work. Bought a new pump and the unit beside it that controls it then capped off the line going to the hubs since they didn’t work anyway. And now all is good with the a/c again..

,,Sam,,

Comment

Maybe I missed it, but are the door handles shaved???

Comment

Yes they are , was that way when I got it. Would like to put in at least the drivers door handle on...

,,Sam,,

Comment

Originally posted by SAM STEPHENS View Post
            So the 4x4 wasn’t working so I took the pretty center caps off and the hubs will lock if you manually lock them so the 4x4 works fine you just have to get out and lock the hubs in.I’m ok with that from what I found the auto hubs are vacuum operated so can get seal kits to fix them later. I opened both diffs and inspected no rust but had some water in the front and thick crap in the bottom in the rear. Cleaned out and new seals and oil , drained and filled the transfer case also. Changing the oil and doing a pan drop and filter on the transmission. The shifter has some slop in it like you have to go past the D in drive and past the 2 for second gear , and it will not go into first at all ( Runs and shifts fine while in drive
            ( overdrive ). Hopefully it’s a linkage issue...

Also the a/c is cold as hell only problem is it blows cold no matter where you turn the heat knob. The knob works on the function part switches fine to vent , floor , defrost , the problem is it’s all cold no heat ????? No matter if you have it on coldest or hottest it’s all cold..
            Did you put friction modifier in the diffs?

Comment

The oil I used has it already in it...

,,Sam,,

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoastin View Post
                So that S&B made a noticeable difference? I have 2001 with 245K. I have been kicking around intake and exhaust. Truck is all stock, I got a steal on it also...
                I do believe it does... and keeping sand / dust out of the turbo is always a plus.

Comment

Looking at the S&B now , I hope it’s an improvement for $300...

Only money right..

,,Sam,,

Comment

Originally posted by SAM STEPHENS View Post
                    Looking at the S&B now , I hope it’s an improvement for $300...

Only money right..

,,Sam,,
                    You should be able to put a few bucks into it before going upside down.

Comment

Clearly a man of many talents. I'll get to see this truck in person come monday. Looking forward to it. I'm about to start a similar project on an Escalade 4x4

Comment

Got the side badges on , cold air intake and window visors ordered. Been studying up and getting a list of improvements to do a little at a time. Also looking at chips or tuner whatever you want to call it. Not wanting to roll coal or go fast just wanting a good running truck that gets the best mileage it can considering the 37in tires.

Also need a shop to put me in door handles and locks on the driver and passenger doors...

,,Sam..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Look up the Hydra tuner with 1023 tunes. That’s what I ordered when I upgraded injectors. Been very impressed with their tunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Still a work in progress , but coming along...

,,Sam,,

Comment

Dropped the tank and did the 2 tank mods , now has no in tank filters moved the return back farther and hold more fuel now..

Comment

Replaced the windshield because of a bad leak..

Comment

Working...
                                X