Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you!

Comment

Now that I've spent 30 days learning how to draw floral patterns, I thought I'd do a real project to top it off. This is going to be a wallet. I drew this pattern right on the leather with a 7B pencil.
      Attached Files

Comment

Sam I think you found the touch!! Nice

Comment

Very nice work! Are you formally trained or did you learn on the fly?

Comment

Thanks. I leaned from YouTube and Bob Park's book, Creating Western Floral Designs.

Comment

As an update on my progress, I made a YouTube video showing every drawing I did over the 30 days.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf2ktKILg4U"]Thirty days of drawing Sheridan/western floral designs - YouTube[/ame]

And here are some sheaths I made.

And I'm still working on it.
              Attached Files

Comment

Those knife sheaths look really good, especially the middle one w/the oak leaves, acorns, & basket weave......it's a real looker!

Comment

Thanks. Here's what it looked like before I folded it in half.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful work Sam

Comment

Very nice work, I’m interested in getting into this myself.

Comment

Beautiful work

Comment

Yes. That is great work.

Comment

Very nice keep with it you just have to keep making stuff and it gets better after you make a few 100 lol...I took to the Sheridan style I took a class a few years ago from Chan Geer wpw that guy can put it down.. This is just me, stay away from Tandy Leather. check out wicked and Craig leather company top shelf.. Someone else said the quality of leather makes a difference that's the best advice I ever got..!!!! Buy the best tools you can, stay away from Tandy if you want Tandy tools I have a 1000 stamps if you want them,,, There is some awesome tool makers out there, Im sure you know of a few of them..Your doing Great just stay with it.....Have a blessed day

Comment

That is some fine craftsmanship!! Looks **** good

Comment

Thanks y'all!

So far I've gotten almost all of my leather from Tandy, but I will probably start getting some Herman Oak leather once my present stash dwindles. I do hear Herman Oak makes a big difference when it comes to tooling and dying.

I've also gradually been replacing some of my Tandy tools with Barry King.

Comment

Working...
                                X