skid steer rental price with grappler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought some property(10 acres) to retire on. there are several large old cedar pushed up brush piles. problem is they are too close to neighbor(300') to burn.

I got a Kubota tractor to use on my property and various other stuff. It as a FEL.

I checked with local Kubota dealer. little over 3K to add a grappler to my tractor.

so... for the folks that have done it. How much does it cost to rent a skid steer for a day with grappler?

I can call a few places locally, but would like TBH experiences with this. I figure I could move most of the piles into smaller ones the proper distance away from neighbor within a days work .

I can probably help or get it done for you. We have a BOBCAT with a grapple and I could bring it and do the work. We bought an acre lot in Liberty Hill and I need to do some work on it before the house is built. I could meet you one day, if the land is in Liberty Hill or close to it. Let me know. Also, I believe that my boss said he was going to rent one and it was going to cost $800 for the day or for 2 days. Let me ask him tomorrow and see and maybe we can work something out.

Comment

A skid steer alone is going to be $450-700 depending on machine and attachments. You’ll see them advertised for $300ish, but by the time you figure in their fees, insurance, taxes etc you won’t be able to walk out less than $450. That’s with just a bucket

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        A skid steer alone is going to be $450-700 depending on machine and attachments. You’ll see them advertised for $300ish, but by the time you figure in their fees, insurance, taxes etc you won’t be able to walk out less than $450. That’s with just a bucket

I think the key is finding an individual. I rented a Kubota track skid steer with a 6’ bucket a couple of weeks ago from a local guy off FB Marketplace. Entire day rental, delivered and picked up for $200 plus fuel. The thing was a beast! I ran it hard for about 8 hours and it barely used 5 gallons of diesel.

Comment

Will your tractor not move the piles?

Comment

The more I look at the brush piles, the more I think I will need a grapple. the piles are big. maybe 50'x30' and tightly packed. I am gonna take the tractor up there when I get a trailer and see what kind of damage I can do.

I have some dirt to push around as well as the brush.

Comment

the kubota place wants about 3K to add a grapple on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                the kubota place wants about 3K to add a grapple on it.
                That's probably $2500 in parts and the rest in labor, not too bad if you don't want to do it yourself. A grapple will cost you $2k alone and that's on the low side. You may be surprised how much you actually use the thing if you get one. I opted for a root grapple that has one upper jaw and I love it for brush piles and digging up roots and dead tree material.

Comment

Grapples are not that great on small tractors. I doubt it would help you much anyway.

I have huge piles and my 60hp tractor won't pull the bigger limbs out of tightly packed piles.

I use a chain and pull big trees out and then push .

Or say screw it and light in place during a heavy rain.

Comment

We rent our track loader for $345/day, grapple bucket is $75 plus tax. Pretty standard pricing. Big rental companies will have a few more added fees.

Like mentioned above, seems a lot of guys are renting out their personal machines right now for cheap on facebook marketplace and craigslist.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                      I think the key is finding an individual. I rented a Kubota track skid steer with a 6’ bucket a couple of weeks ago from a local guy off FB Marketplace. Entire day rental, delivered and picked up for $200 plus fuel. The thing was a beast! I ran it hard for about 8 hours and it barely used 5 gallons of diesel.

I rented the same one. I got it for $150 because he couldn't get it to me until noon and he picked it up at 8pm.

Comment

Rent a skid steer with tracks and push it, or even a small dozer. Delivery fees get expensive for 1 or 3 day rentals, I usually go for a full week.

Comment

Entire day rental, delivered and picked up for $200 plus fuel. The thing was a beast! I ran it hard for about 8 hours and it barely used 5 gallons of diesel.
                          That guy is an idiot.

It costs about $25 an hour on a Kubota CTL(I own one) for wear and tear and maintenance. Then add in depreciation, costs of delivery, the time value of his investment and his time and he paid you to use his machine.

Also, letting operators use the machine that don't know or don't care how to use it add costs.

Comment

Thanx for the suggestion. I looked and looks like there is one close by for 150-200 / day. Think I may go that route.

Comment

As far as a grapple of a small tractor goes, I have a grapple I use on my Bobcat T250 CTL, my Kubota SVL90-2 CTL and my 50hp Kioti tractor.

The 50hp tractor works great with the grapple. If I'm moving something heavy I just used a counter weight(log on the 3 point hitch).

I bought the grapple new for $1,500 and ordered the hydraulic lines and ran them from the rear of the tractor to the front. The tractor already had a set of extra hydraulics on the back.

I cleared with the tractor and tended the brush pile with it.
                              The tractor is a closed cab with AC. The Bobcat is open without AC. I didn't own the Kubota CTL at the time. Closed cab AC is a must for burning(and yellow jacket protection) IMO.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by GA Bowhunter; 06-16-2020, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X