No announcement yet.

New property and new toys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What an awesome progression. Good stuff.

Comment

Awesome thread. Congrats!!

Comment

all caught up, great work so far

Comment

We were able to get the walls of one bathroom stained this last weekend and they look really nice. We have also started treating the rest of the wooden walls with linseed oil. Yesterday we finally got the septic system installed as well. I know it doesn't look like much, but the porch lights being on means I finally got the power hooked up the the meter panel, and that was huge. Now we have power inside and out and I can roll up the two extention cords we have had stretched down the drive since this summer.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

We were finally able to get started on ceilings yesterday even, ended up doing one bedroom and the hall. I found the metal profile we like in galvalume color instead of shiny barn tin. They sell the stuff at Hootens Hardware in Emory and it's called strong barn. Ends up being close to $1 a square ft. also. I did some research and picked up a Klein tools sheet metal hole cutter and it works well for cutting out can light holes. Its going to be a long day of hanging metal today, but I have a sheetrock lift borrowed that really makes things easier.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Comment

Where did you find the lumber for your walls? I need a truckload.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks great. Here is our living room ceiling. Very similar.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
                  Where did you find the lumber for your walls? I need a truckload.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I got it by the bundle, 96 pieces, 1x8x16, at Brothers Wholesale Lumber in Leonard. I think it's $1350 a bundle. That was the best price with the amount I needed I could find. Also pay cash and save the tax. They also have a huge selection of doors, trim, and window.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                    Looks great. Here is our living room ceiling. Very similar.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                    That's beautiful Mike. I have seen several people talking on the Barndo forums about the metal ceiling making the noise level inside the house pretty loud. We have about half of it done so far and I can't really tell a difference. BJ

Comment

We got all our upper and lower cabinets painted this weekend at my father in laws shop, Lake Fork Fiberglass. It was awesome for him to let us use the shop to do our paint spraying. Once everything dried we got the flowers installed before it got late

Comment

man looking great

Comment

Looking good! What brand is your grapple?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                            Looking good! What brand is your grapple?
                            Its called Tough or something like that, America made. Built strong other than a couple of the ends of the upper jaw teeth have snapped, but that was from me getting way too rough on it.

Comment

We started setting up the kitchen this past weekend. We are waiting on granite countertops and the backsplash to go in next week. I'm going to set the remaining cabinets this weekend and bring in the fridge asap to keep my working fluids cold. All thats really left on the interior is to set the attic ladder, trim out the walls and closets, and top out the plumbing.

Comment

Heck yeah....coming right along. Congrats on the progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X