Keto 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
    I have gone thru this thread probably 3 times as I am doing a lot of adjustments. I did not notice anyone say they go to to Smoothie King for their no sugar smoothies or even their Keto smoothies. Is it not legit?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    So I went to their website and the keto smoothies all appear to be around 10g of net carbs, which isnt too bad. If it was me, I would only do something like that 1 or 2 times a week as a treat, but that's me. As long as you are watching your macros, you should be fine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Slipped with a few light beers this weekend. Buddy I'm in competition with brought some Coors Edge on the boat cause he's fully on the wagon. Got to say, for being fake beer it will satisfy a craving if you have not had real beer for a while.
      Wife spent the full day yesterday meal prepping for us both (keto for me and clean), breakfast and lunch for the week. Didn't have the heart to tell her I was planning OMAD so I'll just eat what she made me and try to limit my evening calories.

Comment

I am starting today as well. I was fasting for 15-18 hours a day most of last year and ate what i wanted for the most part. I did not see the results i was hoping for with that. I started the keto lifestyle the day after Christmas 2016 and by the end of Jan. 2017 I had lost 18 pounds. I ended up losing about 30 pounds total that year and leveled off. I was working out so there was weight from muscle gains. It has been a on again off again relationship with keto since then, but never has been as strict as it was in the beginning. i feel that if you start this lifestyle it has to be strict for the best results and health. All in or not at all IMO. I never felt better when i was in hard ketosis. My joints felt great, my mental focus was great, Slept well, endurance was good, etc. I am looking forward to that again. Good luck to all, you got this!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          I have gone thru this thread probably 3 times as I am doing a lot of adjustments. I did not notice anyone say they go to to Smoothie King for their no sugar smoothies or even their Keto smoothies. Is it not legit?

this is just my personal experience, but i've found most (if not all) commercial "keto" options to be too expensive, too heavy on protein, or they use weird manufactured chemicals. Usually it's all three. it's just easier to eat meat and plants.

Comment

So I started the keto diet today. I'm looking forward to it. I'm gonna try my best to stick to it as well as try to exercise. I hope I have great results (which I know will depend on me doing my part).

Comment

Originally posted by dhall1414 View Post
              this is just my personal experience, but i've found most (if not all) commercial "keto" options to be too expensive, too heavy on protein, or they use weird manufactured chemicals. Usually it's all three. it's just easier to eat meat and plants.

I have found lots and lots or things labeled as "Keto" on the shelves that are no where near Keto friendly.

Comment

Did it for a couple of months last summer and dropped 35, with a goal of 70 altogether. Fell off, gained 15 back, but back on it again to finish it off by this summer, then maintain.

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                  So I went to their website and the keto smoothies all appear to be around 10g of net carbs, which isnt too bad. If it was me, I would only do something like that 1 or 2 times a week as a treat, but that's me. As long as you are watching your macros, you should be fine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                  ........i was hoping to use it as a meal replacement especially breakfast and/or lunch. I got the brochure out of the store last week and will see what i can make of it all.
                  Understood.....thanks!

Comment

Kinda like slapping a picture of a deer on a bag of corn or protein. Up goes the $$$

Comment

Yep. Most packaged "keto" snacks I've seen are too processed and too many carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                        Yep. Most packaged "keto" snacks I've seen are too processed and too many carbs.
                        So having meals prepped and delivered thru the mail is not a good idea. How about the local places that make meals by the day, week or monthly type plan? As you can probably tell, I am all about convenience and getting this done. I don't mind the premium price but time is something we try to keep for other things in life. The wife is putting some moose in the crockpot tonight and made some cauliflower with cream & butter, but opening two new business locations and trying to finalize our franchise offering I doubt she will be doing that often.
                        The good news my gut is going down as my belt needs another hole in it. I feel stronger but still get sleepy around 2pm. That may be from the workouts but it is tough to fight thru the dozing spells. Down about 15 pounds and looking to figure out KETO to get another 20 pounds!!!

Comment

I use the crockpot alot...I cook enough to last me for a little while. Ive considered an instapot just to speed things up a bit.

Comment

Today's eats. 18 hour fast that I broke with 4oz of grilled grass fed flank steak(what I use for fajitas) and 8oz of organic beef bone broth. One and half hrs later I had a good fatty meal. It consisted of one Folio cheddar cheese wrap with 1/2 medium avocado, 3 thin slices of hard salami, 2.5oz of organic turkey lunchmeat, 2 tbs of Duke's mayo. Couple hours later I had 1tbs of MCT oil and a Keto Cup(original). For dinner tonight I had 4.3oz flank steak, 2oz sauteed organic peppers, 1.5oz organic raw chedder cheese, 1/2 medium avocado, 2 tbs organic sour cream, 1 tbs organic butter and 1 grilled jalapeno.

Macros for the day are 1657 calories, 100gr protein, 133gr fat and 8 net carbs. I feel like a stuffed pig right now.

If you are going to fast for 18 or more hrs it is important not to have fat or carbs when breaking the fast. Stay with a moderate amount of protein and then have your fatty meal 1-2 hours later. If you like doing the 18 hr fast like I do, it is best to eat breakfast a couple days a week. It keeps your body guessing and doesnt allow it to fall into a routine.

Comment

Keto 2021

Guys, my wife made the most awesome soup tonight. I can’t begin to tell ya how good it is because my tongue is slapping my brains out right now. [emoji23][emoji23]

Keto White Chicken Chili Soup

This is a keto version of the white chicken chili recipe made popular by Karen Celia Fox (she adapted it from The Kitchen for Exploring Foods caterers in Pasadena, California. The original recipe is fantastic!). The end result is a thick, creamy white chili with chunks of sauteed and pulled chicken. Great for those cold winter nights! Serve immediately or refrigerate overnight for better flavor.

Ingredient Checklist

1 tablespoon oil, or as needed
                              1 stick butter, divided
                              2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
                              3 teaspoons chili powder
                              salt and ground black pepper to taste
                              1 1/2 cup chicken broth
                              4 cups heavy whipping cream
                              8 ounces cream cheese
                              3 tablespoons onion powder
                              4 teaspoons cumin
                              3 teaspoon hot sauce
                              3 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
                              4 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilies
                              1 head of Cauliflower chopped (original recipe doesn’t call for it but the wife said wth [emoji23])

Step 1
                              Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add oil and 2 tablespoons butter.
                              Step 2
                              Meanwhile, season chicken with chili powder, salt, and black pepper. Cook chicken in the skillet on 1 side for 5 minutes, resisting the urge to flip early. Turn and cook, turning occasionally to keep from burning, until no longer pink inside and juices run clear, 10 to 15 minutes, depending on thickness. Transfer chicken to a plate to cool until safe to handle, about 10 minutes. Shred chicken using your fingers and set aside.
                              Step 3
                              Mix remaining 6 tablespoons butter, chicken broth, heavy cream, cream cheese, onion powder, cumin, and hot sauce together in a large, heavy pot. Season with salt and black pepper and bring to a simmer; cook until butter and cream cheese are melted, about 5 minutes.
                              Step 4
                              Add shredded chicken, Monterey Jack cheese, and green chiles to the chili in the pot. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
                              It made a bunch...we had all we could eat and I can’t wait to have the leftovers. Bet it will be even better the next few days.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                                Today's eats. 18 hour fast that I broke with 4oz of grilled grass fed flank steak(what I use for fajitas) and 8oz of organic beef bone broth. One and half hrs later I had a good fatty meal. It consisted of one Folio cheddar cheese wrap with 1/2 medium avocado, 3 thin slices of hard salami, 2.5oz of organic turkey lunchmeat, 2 tbs of Duke's mayo. Couple hours later I had 1tbs of MCT oil and a Keto Cup(original). For dinner tonight I had 4.3oz flank steak, 2oz sauteed organic peppers, 1.5oz organic raw chedder cheese, 1/2 medium avocado, 2 tbs organic sour cream, 1 tbs organic butter and 1 grilled jalapeno.

Macros for the day are 1657 calories, 100gr protein, 133gr fat and 8 net carbs. I feel like a stuffed pig right now.

If you are going to fast for 18 or more hrs it is important not to have fat or carbs when breaking the fast. Stay with a moderate amount of protein and then have your fatty meal 1-2 hours later. If you like doing the 18 hr fast like I do, it is best to eat breakfast a couple days a week. It keeps your body guessing and doesnt allow it to fall into a routine.
                                Dang....[emoji2962]...I still got a lot to learn. 4 ounces of steak ain't even a petite filet mignon.[emoji3052]

Comment

Working...
                                X