No announcement yet.

Who on here lives in San Antonio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not in SA, but north in Blanco. Moved out here 1 year ago to semi-retire and love it. Great people and always something to do.

Comment

Born and Raised!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

so i live 30 miles south
        its awesome small town
        SA is just a skip if i need something

love the wildlife and the small town feeling

Comment

I got a place in Gruene, I'm there off and on. I really like it as long as I dont get around 35, the traffic and road conditions really suck like all growing cities. I've been coming up here for a few years and have really noticed the growth. Some of my best friends are from here and they cant believe how much it has changed.

I always thought that I would like to live here long term, but really dont feel that way any more. I'm afraid in 15 years Austin and San Antonio will be one city

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
            I am not a city person, I have never liked any cities as they all seem the same to me. I have watched San Antone grow over the years, I do hate seeing the little towns around it get swallowed up. They have ruined Boerne and New Braunfels, nothing but houses and concrete.

I used to go to Spechts Ice House years ago cause it was in the middle of nowhere. I dont even know if that place is still open
            Boerne and New Braunfels did an outstanding job of ruining themselves, nothing to do with San Antonio.

Comment

I may be late to the party. I just moved here from The Phoenix AZ area in October and so far San Antonio is amazing. I love it. I’m sure as time progresses I will start to find things that bother me but right now everything is better than Phoenix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was born and raised in San Antonio and remember when the Airport was on the outer limits of the city and everything north was still the wild wild west, with goat, sheep, and cattle ranches, with 410 being the outer loop.
                I loved living here with very little traffic and down town was where you went shopping as there were no such thing as the mega malls.
                We had a place in Bandera which was about 68 miles from our S.A. home and I spent most of my youth roaming the hills around there.
                You wouldn't recognize the area now as there is no more raw acreage to roam and houses on top of houses.
                Pretty sad as I drive out 281 north and realize how the population has exploded and there is no turning back the clock to the 1950's and early 60's.
                Never thought I'd see Hwy 46 as the new 1604.
                Sad, sad, sad!
                Last edited by Jimbo47; 01-18-2021, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Your optimism is so refreshing...

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                  Its a Godforsaken wasteland, just a few years behind the other liberal cities. Roads are laid out like a drunk did it, intersections and lights terrible, inside of every concentric loop is looking like the third world or worse. Traffic really sucking, property taxes fixing to go up again.

The people are changing, “great” is not the word I’d use. Had a fella push in the toilet door with me in it at La Cantera Barnes & Nobles because he left his sunglasses on the toilet paper roll holder, he won’t do that again. I pulled him to the floor by his hair with my pistol to his skull. You can’t even take a leak in peace around here.

Had a Indian cab driver try to snatch a vacuum hose from my hand at the car wash at 1604/Bandera because he thought I was using the wrong one...He won’t do that again as I ignored him and that enraged him into a nearly fatal mistake as he was inside my open door, close in work is what I’m good at eventhough I’m a small fella.

Many stories like above, just can’t get left alone from buttholes, karens, cops, and criminals.

If all of that ain’t bad enough, you have these heat days without any decent trees to look at, it’s depressing.

I live outside the loop on the NW (good) side of town and it still SUCKS!

The whole place has changed for the worse. I travel around the country and there are so many places better. I can’t wait to move.

Goodluck with your quest !

Comment

Working...
                  X