Ammo gougers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
    And why does stocking up on ammo have to be about shtf/bugging out?

I know this is way crazy guys but stay with me. What if one day in the very very distant future, a bunch of morons freak out over a virus. Then the government tells you you can't go to work or leave your house. Then mass civil unrest and riots hit many parts of the country for months. All causing people who didn't previously own guns, and people who didn't stock up on ammo during the good times to start panicking. Then, an openly anti-gun administration and congress gets elected. Causing further panic. All this adds up to a really bad situation for ammo availability.

What if you want to have ammo on hand to be able to shoot, train, practice and hunt during something like that?

Again. I know that is an absolutely crazy hypothetical scenario, but you never know what may happen.
    You left out one more far fetched scenario that many folks have not considered. What if, during the potential civil unrest hits, that the government decides that the solution to fix it is to defund their police departments. Wild, I know, but just throwing it out there to ponder on.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post

I’m the guy that has maybe 4-5 boxes for each rifle, & maybe two bricks of .22. That’s enough to last me for years. I don’t shoot very often.

That wouldn't be enough to last me thru a fun weekend

Comment

if you run outta rifle loads, go to the shotgun. No shortage of those yet.
        Pretty simple.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          I always like to blame others for my failures as well.

The fact that this hoarding tens of thousands of rounds haven’t bought them this year. They did it when ammo was plentiful and cheap. I’ll let you come to your own conclusions on who to blame.
          Who did you blame for posting your avitar sideways?

Comment

I know a couple guys that are into the prepping stuff, and I admit it is an interesting hobby. The most serious one that I know couldn’t run up a hill without having a MI, much less carry an ammo tote or go without food/AC for more than a few hours LOL.
            I dont know what an MI is but I got an 8x10 glossy in my head of a fat guy trying to run up a hill with 2 armloads of junk with his pants falling halfway dow. That was funny!

Comment

I can see not having calibers used in weapons for defense. But 243, 270, 22lr etc? There are several million new gun owners and they didn't expect to gear up for that increased demand?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                Pretty simple.
                Those are starting to go.
                Been watching a local stash, at a hardware store.
                They have had probably 2k rounds of shotgun shells sitting, for the last couple months.
                In there almost daily, and this week, I've watched em start disappearing.
                Just grabbed another 400, before they are all gone as well.
                Academy in Longview was stacked to the ceiling for months with shotgun shells.
                As of 3 days ago, it's almost gone, unless a truck came in or something.
                Buy em now if you want them.

Comment

It's no different than when Obama got elected. Until now he was the best gun and ammo salesman this world has ever known. Biden probably has him beat.

Gun and ammo companies are loving it. If you haven't considered that this is all part of a plan then you may want to. Someone's got their hand in the cash register other than just the company distributing guns and ammunition or it wouldn't be a big deal.

No different than the "war on drugs" we've heard about forever. If the right people are benefiting from it it's going to be an ongoing problem.

They want you to be scared. And it's working.
                  Last edited by okrattler; 01-14-2021, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Shotgun shells are pretty much gone now as well. Good luck finding dove/target loads or steel duck loads around Houston. Even the online sellers only have the gimmick stuff. Buckshot and slugs have been out for months. Just yesterday I bought the last couple boxes of 28ga at my local academy, not another box of ammo of any kind on the shelf.

Comment

I just loathe a gouger and hoarder. IMO, they are a significant part of the problem with why the price of ammo is high, not to mention scarce. I usually always try to attend gun shows to get a good deal, but a lot of the problem seems to be there as well. I have an exotic hunt coming up next month, but fortunately for me I reload so I have hunting ammo available for the hunt. I reload for 16 different calibers. It is hard to find ammo in my hometown, as there is only one store that sells ammo, and only rifle ammo. And there shelfs are always bare. Oh well, hopefully it will get better in 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                        It's no different than when Obama got elected. Until now he was the best gun and ammo salesman this world has ever known. Biden probably has him beat.
                        Agreed. I keep thinking of this every time I read about the ammo shortage.

Comment

Now you got people buying up ammo they don't even own rifles for.

I know a couple guys that are into the prepping stuff, and I admit it is an interesting hobby. The most serious one that I know couldn’t run up a hill without having a MI, much less carry an ammo tote or go without food/AC for more than a few hours LOL.
                          Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                          I dont know what an MI is but I got an 8x10 glossy in my head of a fat guy trying to run up a hill with 2 armloads of junk with his pants falling halfway dow. That was funny!
                          Heart attack...

Years ago I watched a few episodes of that "prepper" show. They had a guy on there with huge weapons cache and stockpiles of food and all that. The TV show judges/experts whatever you call it dinged him hard on his score for being ridiculously out of shape. That was one of the few things I saw on the show that actually agreed with.

Comment

Our Academy here gets a supply every Wednesday and was able to snag the last 2 20rd boxes of 6.5 CR for $39.95 per box and like all Academy's only allow 3 boxes per customer per day.

Any yes there was a line waiting for them to open.

Comment

Some people have plenty. The gun-range near my house is non stop shooting from about 10am until dark seven days a week.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                                Pretty simple.

Rifles get quite a bit more reach than a shotgun so not seeing what you’re saying, 2 very different uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X