Texas church shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas church shooting

A man charged with killing the pastor of a Texas church Sunday had been hiding from police in the church bathroom after a high-speed chase the night before, Smith County Sheriff Larry Smith said.

This is why you gotta carry even if you feel you might not need to, it’s best to carry anyway. Always be prepared for the unexpected.

He was.

Really bad deal, prayers sent.

Comment

What a joke the reporting from CNN is. Prayers up for the victim and family.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        What a joke the reporting from CNN is. Prayers up for the victim and family.
        Yeah, I’m just realizing how much CNN was lacking on the information.

Comment

Makes me sick.... What do you do? You just can't hesitate I guess but if he would have shot the unarmed suspect prior to being attacked he would have been in deep crap....
          Prayers for the pastors family and congregation.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bad deal but it sounds like the pastor drew his gun but wasn't prepared to use it. That can be a death sentence every time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I like a pastor that carries, just wish he had done the shooting.
              Prayers up

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                Bad deal but it sounds like the pastor drew his gun but wasn't prepared to use it. That can be a death sentence every time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                Yep. Sad deal.

Comment

It has come to the point that I carry EVERYWHERE. Being in LE many years, I would never sleep another night if I let an innocent person die when I could have stopped the threat.
                  People, if you own a handgun, especially if you are licensed, do not leave home without it.
                  I am on my church security team and marvel at the people that ask why we need armed people in church.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                    He was.

Pastor was armed but he was not prepared.

Comment

What a shame.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                          Pastor was armed but he was not prepared.
                          ^^^THIS^^^
                          I took my first CHL class in 1996 from a lawyer in Longview, and one of the things he impressed on the class was not to pull a gun unless you are willing and ready to use it.

This is a sad situation, but I believe many of us that are looking at this now saying “that wouldn’t happen to me” don’t really know exactly how we would react until we’re in the moment. It’s easy to Monday morning quarterback the Sunday afternoon game.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=683y-7QKmnQ"]Sheriff: Texas church shooter killed pastor with his own gun after hiding from police - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Fing POS

Comment

Working...
                              X