No announcement yet.

High fence fishing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have them “ pay to fish” places up here with some big trout as well. I think some you pay by the inch. ( not sure what they charged per inch though) A buddy used to live by one of them and he and another buddy would sneak in late at night, after they would get drunk. I guess 8lb rainbows were like the average size they said. And any thing you threw out they ate.

Comment

Gary Yamamoto has a place like that. My buddy, that is ate up with fishing, went there for a weekend and had a good time. I don’t believe that it’s at the level of some of the other places mentioned, but he had fun and caught some nice ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
        I betcha bill dance knows
        Yep, Year's ago I won a 2 day trip to a private strip mine pits in Florida. There where maybe 30 lakes in this place and the day we where there our guide told us Bill was filming that day. This place was crazy. We dropped the boat with just a trolling motor and caught over 100 fish each day in two different ponds.

Comment

There are 2 places I know of within 30 minutes of my house, one in La., called Bigwoods, its actually a private deer lease, but the fishing is far superior. I would love to fish this place for the Bream fishing alone. Price tag around $3000, per year. One South of Pt Arthur, its name escapes me. Big Hill or something like that. Both places have some serious fish.

Comment

It would be pretty tough to beat La Perla if one wanted to catch a 15# plus bass. Gary’s setup is incredible for managing fish just like his deer. Im a saltwater guy but i have caught some in the 12# range at La Perla. I bet he produces a 20# fish before long if he hasn’t already.

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul View Post
              Think might be thinking of Zidek Farms. They have a bunch of tanks and they are out by me on the Wilson Atascosa county line. Good people for sure.

Yes sir I’m sure that’s it , hard to believe there still around , it’s been forever . Spent many a Saturday out there as a kid with my dad and uncle, great memories!

Comment

Originally posted by dadogg View Post
                Love me some bass fishing and had a bass boat of some kind from the time I was 18 until my last back surgery when I was 56. $350 a day to scratch the Bass fishing itch seems reasonable considering what you spend on a boat / gas / lodging to fish for a day or weekend.

I live pretty close to Danbury and fished there once with a member great fishing back in the day.
                We are only a year apart in age and I also fished Danbury a lot back in the late 80's and man that was some phenomenal BASS fishing.. We had a couple of days that we lost count of 7+ pounders.... I'm not sure what it would be like now.. My neighbor was trying to buy the place.

Comment

I’d charge less to catch sharks and other fun stuff from the sand than some of these places and that’s for a multiple day trip.

Comment

So would pond fish be considered high fenced because no one else can fish them, uou stock them with foreign fish, and they are. It free range Kaile river and gulf fish?

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                      It would be pretty tough to beat La Perla if one wanted to catch a 15# plus bass. Gary’s setup is incredible for managing fish just like his deer. Im a saltwater guy but i have caught some in the 12# range at La Perla. I bet he produces a 20# fish before long if he hasn’t already.
                      If he did would it be recognized as a record? (I mean being high fenced and all)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                        Am I reading that right on the website? $4000 per person for 2 days of fishing? Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post

My buddy's used to pay to hunt there every year and I would usually kill a free range wild Georgia deer bigger than their paid for deer while they were gone.

https://sedgefieldslakesplantation.com/
                          Well come on GA bowhunter don't leave us hanging I looked at their gallery, now let's see those georgia monsters.... OP if camelot bell was closer to me I definitely would take a trip

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                            I laugh at the guys that have a $40k-$50k boat and fish 5 times a year. I love fishing and feel like I have some decent skills. What I don’t have is a lake that is close and a boat payment. So I get a guide a couple times a year. I am basically paying for the use of his boat and lake or coast knowledge. I get to go fishing and still much cheaper than owning a boat.

That said, I ain’t paying $1500 a day to catch bass.

A guide several times a year is much cheaper than owning a boat IMO! But I’m biased! I’ve only been on the water about a half dozen times this month but next month I will step it up some and by February I will be back to 10/20 days on the water a month probably till November.

If you only go occasionally. Figure in boat payment. Storage payment possibly. Gas and oil. Batteries. Insurance. Maintenance. And everything else that’s gonna come up and break unexpectedly. Make $4-500 a couple times a year look awful cheap!!

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post

My buddy's used to pay to hunt there every year and I would usually kill a free range wild Georgia deer bigger than their paid for deer while they were gone.

https://sedgefieldslakesplantation.com/
                              Well thats interesting...

Comment

Working...
                              X