Hunting under 10 acres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
    There's no way there are 2-4 deer per acre. The highest populated areas in Texas have 1 deer per 4 acres.

Other than that, I think you're good to go. You certainly wouldn't be committing an actionable crime.
    It is 1 mile to the gate, I normally see in excess of a 100 on any given day. That's not counting the Axis. This morning, I probably had 25 to 30 walk thru the backyard and 4 bucks fighting in the front. It's a zoo.....

Comment

I can see a suppressor in your future.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
        It is 1 mile to the gate, I normally see in excess of a 100 on any given day. That's not counting the Axis. This morning, I probably had 25 to 30 walk thru the backyard and 4 bucks fighting in the front. It's a zoo.....
        I understand. It's the same at my place. Our record at the feeder in 1 picture was 58 deer.

You tend to see them all bunched up and get a warped perspective, but if you check the QDMA numbers, even the very most dense areas of the hill country are coming in around 1 deer per 4 acres, which is insanely high.

You'd have to be 5-10X higher than the highest measured area to reach 2-4 deer per acre.

Comment

Need any help killing Axis?

Comment

You need to contact the county.

TPWD unlawful activity_
            hunt in a subdivision on lots 10 acres or less in an unincor- porated area of a county if prohibited by local ordinance. Contact local county clerk and ask about ยง235.022, Local Government Code.

Comment

I was under the impression lots had be minimum 10 acres

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                That's pretty cool though! I go 2-4 hunts without seeing a deer in north texas.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                  I was under the impression lots had be minimum 10 acres
                  me too.

Comment

Send it!

Comment

Good luck! Hope you get a BIG one.

Comment

I cannot tell you how many small parcels I have hunted quite successfully. Some in the city limits, some in the country. Whitetail and Axis. I bought land with no restrictions and would not buy land with restrictions. If you are legal, have at it. Those who don't like it can write the Governor. Good luck and shoot straight!

Comment

Working...
                        X