Where Does Our "Stuff" Come From?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where Does Our "Stuff" Come From?

Checking BP, Cabelas, Academy, WM tonight looking for a ground blind chair and a high-back boat seat and it is amazing how much is out of stock--sourced from China.

Ammo--even worse and when you find it the price is out of sight.

Yes sir everything is sourced from China and we can’t make anything cheaply like they can.

Comment

That’s going to change

Comment

thats sweatshop communism for ya...

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
          Yes sir everything is sourced from China and we can’t make anything cheaply like they can.
          No but Mexico can!!

Comment

I use the black plastic confrontable folding chair from SAMs. Lightweight and quiet. $19.99.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
              That’s going to change
              Hope so but doubt it. Once the supply fears subside most people will still want ‘cheapest’ price.

Comment

I think Amazon has it all..'Cept ammo..My buddy in Iowa has all that[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Went to academy today and the isles were bare except the clothing, plenty of that.

Comment

It's time to MAGA and not just sell hats

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by awry View Post
                      Hope so but doubt it. Once the supply fears subside most people will still want ‘cheapest’ price.

^^^This is right.^^^

America cannot compete with Chinese labor costs.

There used to be a time when spending the extra for an American made product meant buying better quality and longevity. With precious few exceptions, that is no longer the case.

American manufacturing will, for the most part, continue to decline in the global economy. The cost of labor and regulatory compliance in thos country is far to high to remain competitive on a global scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bpa556 View Post
                        ^^^This is right.^^^

America cannot compete with Chinese labor costs.

There used to be a time when spending the extra for an American made product meant buying better quality and longevity. With precious few exceptions, that is no longer the case.

American manufacturing will, for the most part, continue to decline in the global economy. The cost of labor and regulatory compliance in thos country is far to high to remain competitive on a global scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Admittedly, I tried three HF stores trying to get cheap welding wire before I went to Lowe’s and bought a roll of US made a Lincoln SuperArc (for twice as much)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

When I was a kid Made in Japan meant junk. Now Japanese items are quality compared to China. I know it is hard, but when you buy American you put Americans to work. Now, if the USA companies can stop playing the game of making 75% of a product overseas and calling it American made it would help with making a more responsible purchase. Supporting what supports you.. Vehicles are very detailed as to origination and completion. I wish everything was as labeled as vehicles are for origin.

Comment

Optics are in very short supply right now. It's not looking good for hunting season if you are in the market for a scope.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Cheap labor mens higher prophets for the owners and shareholders. People complain about poor quality and supply, and also complain about poor stock prophets and poor economic growth. Business owners who manufacture overseas make better money, and it is hard to come back once that tap has started to flow.

Comment

Working...
                              X