Practice in this heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Practice in this heat

What time of day are you flinging arrows?

I use to like practicing right after work, but with this heat that is a flat out no go.

Tried early this morning, but with humidity and dew points being so high it wasn't any better in terms of enjoying being outside.

Curious what everyone else is doing to get practice in and beat the heat.

Can’t make myself do it.

Comment

Flung 1 round of arrows after the sun went behind the trees yesterday, thats it.

Comment

I just started shooting today in preparation for my early Sept elk/mule deer/antelope hunt in Montana. I went out around 3 o'clock. I only shot 30 times in the shade and I was just starting to break a sweat when I was done. How many shots do you like to take in a practice session?

Comment

Indoor range, way to go for the next couple of months this time of year.

Comment

I agree shooting in this heat is not always fun. Im fortunate to have a shaded range.

Preferably early evening. I shoot trad daily and only shoot one to 3 shots...so most days...its when the youngest kiddos go down for nap...which is unfortunately...heat of the day.

Comment

7 or 8 in the evening.

Comment

12-15 every morning around 645 for the last week or so

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  I just started shooting today in preparation for my early Sept elk/mule deer/antelope hunt in Montana. I went out around 3 o'clock. I only shot 30 times in the shade and I was just starting to break a sweat when I was done. How many shots do you like to take in a practice session?
                  I like to get about 25 but with this heat my motivation is at an all time low.

Comment

It depends.... where do you buy your tampons at? Do you buy the super max for ultimate coverage? Quit being so soft. If my kid said it’s too hot to go to baseball practice....I’d slap him up side the head and tell him to get his ***** out there. Bet your ***** I’m right there with him. I’m not gonna make him do something I won’t. People like you are the reason this country is getting so soft. If you wanna practice... go practice... heat be ****ed. Suck it up butter cup. All smiles ������

Comment

Originally posted by CooterBrown View Post
                      It depends.... where do you buy your tampons at? Do you buy the super max for ultimate coverage? Quit being so soft. If my kid said it’s too hot to go to baseball practice....I’d slap him up side the head and tell him to get his ***** out there. Bet your ***** I’m right there with him. I’m not gonna make him do something I won’t. People like you are the reason this country is getting so soft. If you wanna practice... go practice... heat be ****ed. Suck it up butter cup. All smiles ������
                      In other words.... you haven’t been shooting

Comment

Real tough guy

Comment

Cooter Brown, easy with your words! The man asked a simple question. Don’t be a jack wagon!

Comment

I’m shooting my bow every day with no set time, just when ever I can. I’m only shooting for short periods of time though, then I go back in the house. Lol
                            My new Mathews VXR is dialed in so I’m just practicing my shot.
                            Last edited by Bone Thug; 07-12-2020, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Not shooting now for medical reasons but if I could, it would be right at last light. When the sun is about to go down it has baked off a lot of the humidity and it cools down enough to enjoy it somewhat. Well here in DFW anyway. If not I shoot in my garage/shop with a big fan on. 25-30 arrows max. Just enough to stay sharp.

Comment

Working...
                              X