Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Fishing Trip

What was your last fishing trip?

I'm not talking about the last time you hooked your boat up or kayak, or even fishing from the bank, but the last time you drove somewhere, spent the night, and was fishing the entire trip?

For me it was June 2018. Took the boat and a friend down to Corpus Christi. For me it was a learning experience. For my buddy it was a chance to fish from a boat.

What I learned from that trip is a mushroom anchor, at least in that part of the Texas coast, is useless. My trolling motor is not strong enough for the coastal wind. When I tried to use it on max, I'd trip the breaker Not a problem on lakes I fish, as most of the time, I don't need the max. Down there you do.

I also learned that even though I went with someone that goes fishing down there 6 to 7 times a year, I still need to plan the trip. He fishes in a kayak and was always when an eye shot of where he put in with his yak.

While we completely struck out on catching fish, I still enjoyed the trip.

Didn't plan anything like that for 2019, but I think this spring we need to go back.

So, what was your last trip?

Last trip was 2 weeks ago. Spent 4 days fishing Lake Taneycomo and 1 day on Table Rock in Missouri.

Comment

I went to the Chandeleur Islands in September. Smashed the trout. I’ll be headed down to Port Isabel in May, back to the Chandeleurs in August, Venice, LA in July. May try my hand at G-town but it’s hard to take time away from Matagorda. Lol

Comment

September last year, fished 48 hours hard. Actually put up a one man tent on my boat and slept on the bay... fished from sun up to sun down... epic trip! But man I was exhausted when I got home!

Comment

May 2019 annual Lake of the Ozarks trip had lines in the water from Friday afternoon until Monday morning lots of crappie and catfish were filleted that weekend

Comment

Last Fishing Trip

Last summer when I took my sons to Baffin Bay Rod and Gun Club. Great trip
            Last edited by jerp; 02-04-2020, 07:00 PM.

Comment

January, rented house for a couple days at Port Lavaca/ Indianola

Then today I was catfishing on a river and some hogs came out across from me...all I had was my 22 pistola.

Comment

Went tuna fishing with bunch of guys from here December 27

Comment

November I was in Lafitte La chasing reds and specs. Limits both days. Great trip.
                  Attached Files

Comment

We go to the beach once or twice a year and camp. Fish the surf/bay for 2-3 days. Last time was beginning of August 2019. The new limits have put this in doubt.

Comment

Andamans last spring. Spent a week throwing poppers at GTs.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Fishing is overrated compared to hunting........IMO��

Comment

Originally posted by Pope View Post
                          Andamans last spring. Spent a week throwing poppers at GTs.
                          That's awesome as it gets! Bet your arms were ready to fall off by the end of that trip.

Comment

Bass fishing at El Cuchillo Lake, every friday

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                              Fishing is overrated compared to hunting........IMO��
                              It’s all opinion. If I had to choose only one, fishing it is without a second thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X